Would buying a cheaper AV Amp be a mistake ??

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi. My Pioneer LX85 AV receiver is on its last legs, it keeps switching off into safe mode and some of the HDMI connectors at the back simply wont work. I now have Sky Q and a 4K TV so now seems a good time to invest in a new AVR. My question is - As my current amp was a 2000 pound amp at the time, will stepping down to the 1000 - 1500 budget be a mistake, and a significant drop in sound quality (for Movies and music listening) ? I am thinking of YAMAAHA this time, simply because Pioneer dont have much of a service presence in the UK.

My speakers are as follows....

Tannoy DC6T Revolution Signature L + R......Tannoy DC6 Revolution Signature Centre.......Tannoy DC4 Revolution Signature Rear......Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra Sub Woofer. in 5:1 configuration with front L and R bi amped.

Not necessarily. Best to demo and see. RX-A2060 is a very capable receiver, and I suspect you'll be hard pressed to notice any difference from its elder sibling.

The price of Yamaha RX-A3060 is set to fall very soon, since the 3070 has been announced. In fact, gel had linked an offer on rocketrazor's thread which gave £600 off on part exchanging your old AV receiver for the Yamaha, putting the flagship within your budget. Let me find that thread.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts