World Cup 2022

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

robdmarsh

The match of the tournament so far is the Cameroon game. Outrageous goals and their defence is as naive as a tin of SPAM. As a neutral they are brilliant to watch.
Totally! Wasn't it a shame that the ingenious scooped goal was disallowed. Serbia looked like a pretty well integrated team.

I think it could be tense tonight and maybe a few tackles going flying in where they shouldn't. Serbia

Listened to Jason Cundy on Talksport and he was slaughtering Wales, very angry sounding.

He said Wales are disgrace, lack ambition and are the worst team in the World Cup. Not only is he factually wrong, can't make out why he sounded so angry.

Answers on a postcard 🙂

jjbomber

Listened to Jason Cundy on Talksport and he was slaughtering Wales, very angry sounding.

He said Wales are disgrace, lack ambition and are the worst team in the World Cup. Not only is he factually wrong, can't make out why he sounded so angry.

Answers on a postcard 🙂
Wasn't far wrong!

Remember Iceland thrashing england a few years ago? Pictures everywhere of the Welsh team celebrating. If you give it, you have to take it. Ironically most people in Wales agree with him. I was at the USA game and our only shot on goal was the penalty! That turned out to be the best we played!

Reactions: Al ears
Wasn't far wrong!

Remember Iceland thrashing england a few years ago? Pictures everywhere of the Welsh team celebrating. If you give it, you have to take it. Ironically most people in Wales agree with him. I was at the USA game and our only shot on goal was the penalty! That turned out to be the best we played!
Wales were poor but couldn't understand why he was so angry sounding.

Well done England.

Southgate doesn't get the credit he rightfully deserves. It's the 3rd consecutive QF in major tournaments. He is the most successful England manager since Sir Alf...fact. Yet there's always those ready to stick their claws into him. Win or lose against France he needs a lot of credit.

Reactions: Gray
I was surprised how decisively the team changed tactics, and how quickly it worked. If we can play like we did in the last hour there's hope, but we're playing a better side and if we fall back to passing around waiting for something to happen it will - it just won't be good.

(Isn't it amazing how even those of us who, like me, only ever watch football on occasion 'know' exactly what to do!) :eek:

Gray

(Isn't it amazing how even those of us who, like me, only ever watch football on occasion 'know' exactly what to do!) :eek:
Yes, but us Fairweather 'fans' see it for what it is (almost as much as the overpaid pundits do).
Some real talent in the England squad - and when they really get into their stride they're almost unstoppable.
But, as we all know, they'll need to be into that stride for the whole of next Saturday's game - or it's goodbye.

Reactions: 12th Monkey
Yes, but us Fairweather 'fans' see it for what it is (almost as much as the overpaid pundits do).
Some real talent in the England squad - and when they really get into their stride they're almost unstoppable.
But, as we all know, they'll need to be into that stride for the whole of next Saturday's game - or it's goodbye.
It seems by this World Cup all the teams are beatable, it comes down who's really 'up' for the game. Football, as with any sport, is often won or lost between the ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts