Woolly Bass, any advice a great help!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

You can buy a USB>Optical thing from Maplin for £15 called a USB sound box.

Darren

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Ashley James"]If your computer doesn't have an optical digital output, you'd buy the USB version of ADM9s.

Ash[/quote]

[quote user="darrenwm1"]You can buy a USB>Optical thing from Maplin for £15 called a USB sound box. Darren[/quote]

Thanks both.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"]ifitsounds... why are you antagonistic towards someone/everyone who has different views and opinions to your own? Ashley has simply stated how he sees the future and how he personally has embraced it. The future of hi-fi is computer hard disc/server/wireless-based whether you like it or not and I am becoming increasingly drawn towards it. Technology moves on at quite an alarming rate and if it didn't we'd all still be driving steam-driven vehicles.

Personally I welcome posters like Ashley, i.e. an authoritative voice from a major hi-fi manufacturer, taking the time to give his advice. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with his points of view, does it? All you do with your constant challenges is discourage Ashley from posting again.[/quote]

gpi, after your above criticism of me i was good enough to apologise and elaborate on my views. however, i was expecting that you would of at least noted my reply in some way and perhaps withdrawn your criticism. or at the very least agreed to disagree on the subject...

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit"][quote user="gpi"]ifitsounds... why are you antagonistic towards someone/everyone who has different views and opinions to your own? Ashley has simply stated how he sees the future and how he personally has embraced it. The future of hi-fi is computer hard disc/server/wireless-based whether you like it or not and I am becoming increasingly drawn towards it. Technology moves on at quite an alarming rate and if it didn't we'd all still be driving steam-driven vehicles.

Personally I welcome posters like Ashley, i.e. an authoritative voice from a major hi-fi manufacturer, taking the time to give his advice. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree with his points of view, does it? All you do with your constant challenges is discourage Ashley from posting again.[/quote]

gpi, after your above criticism of me i was good enough to apologise and elaborate on my views. however, i was expecting that you would of at least noted my reply in some way and perhaps withdrawn your criticism. or at the very least agreed to disagree on the subject...[/quote]

Sorry, just went back a page and read your post, I didn't see it before.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

thats cool, i know some of our debates can get quite heated at times... it is nice to know though that there are no grudges held...
to the OP sorry for the sidelining of your topic...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JamesOK"]
hello, Ive tried positioning the speakers about as far away from the back and side walls as I can. As a certain shop says "Every little helps" I think. Unfortunately I am limited as to how much I can move them due to dimensions of the room, and also the fact that if I move them too far forwards they will get hit by a door every time I open it! Ive got a couple of squash balls left, not enough to try both speakers out. My only reservation with trying this is that I have introduced a certain amount of unsteadyness to them already having put them on the boards with squash balls underneath. i wonder if adding more may make them too unstable. Especially considering I have a rather heavy handed cleaner too (she is instructed not to touch my stereo but I would be concerned about her connecting the hoover with my B&Ws!!!).

On a seperate note I think i am about due for some new speaker cable. I wonder if this will help my cause further.
[/quote]

hi james, to get things back on topic... you could experiment by using the squash balls on top of the boards INSTEAD of underneath. maybe you could try spikes under the boards as well? the spikes shouldnt destablise the boards - i think? goodluck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts