Wooden body (in rosewood or mahagony), built-in phono - Best budget TT - which one is it?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Searching for a tunrtable with builtin in phono Turntable looks like a very tough task as I have been struggling for such a thing. Can some one please guide me on a budget TT (up to 500 Pounds) with built in phono stage and real wood finish to match my other components?

Thanks in aniticipation :)

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I think you are really limiting your options by needing an built-in stage.

Would a small external stage like a Rega Fono Mini, NAD PP2 or Project Phono box (all around £60 and pretty tiny) not be acceptable?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.. You are right but I am very tired of all the boxes, their individual power supplies and extra cables (and quality control) for extra boxes.

Alternatively I can combine my DAC with Phono amp if such a product exists! Any ideas?

Ideally I would love to have an integrated amp with phono stage and a DAC so that it would be just TT, Amp, Comp and sepakers :)

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I may be wrong but I don't think such a product exists, either regarding the TT or the dac/phono pre.

It might be possible to mount something like the Rega fono mini inside the case of a wooden-plinthed turntable, but you would still need the extra power supply plugged in somewhere.

You can achieve (sort-of) what you hanker after, but that would mean quite a step down in sound quality, by using the Mac Mini's inbuilt DAC (which I do, it really is quite good) and swapping your amp for one with a phono stage.

But I'm afraid those are probably your only options - another box, lower SQ or keep your Project.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts