witch is best for picture quality?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi im after a 4ktv with the very best picture quality in 4k and 1080p and standard i have narrowed it down to Sony KD-65X9005B or UE55HU8500 or UE55HU7500 or UE55F9000 can you please rank them in best to worse in order or can anyone reccomend a better 4k tv need help asap please

Paul.

My friend has just bought the 48hu7500, was watching top gear on it tonight. Very impressed with the terrestrial broadcast up scaled on it. Can't really comment on the Sony picture, but the speakers on the side make it absolutely massive. I would steer clear of the F9000 unless it's silly cheap, you need to buy the upgrade box for it to get Netflix/Amazon 4k or coming 4k bluray to work.

D

Deleted member 2457

They are best in the order you have listed them, with the Sony first followed closely by the Samsung 8500.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Paul. said:
My friend has just bought the 48hu7500, was watching top gear on it tonight. Very impressed with the terrestrial broadcast up scaled on it. Can't really comment on the Sony picture, but the speakers on the side make it absolutely massive. I would steer clear of the F9000 unless it's silly cheap, you need to buy the upgrade box for it to get Netflix/Amazon 4k or coming 4k bluray to work.

Hello Markyboy156, four observations.

One, you have placed this thread in the wrong section of the forum, in "Home Cinema", it should be in the "TVs and Projectors" section. Maybe THE FORUM MODERATORS can move it to the TVs and Projectors section, you might get more people replying there.

Two, I certainly agree with Paul in avoiding the Samsung F9000 series - lovely machines and great reviews, but a previous generatation compared to the other televisions you have listed.

Three, I am curious about why you list the 65" version of the Sony (KD-65X9005B) and then list 55" models of everything else (Samsung UE55HU8500 or UE55HU7500 or UE55F9000)? Particularly as the Sony has the side speakers which make an already large television even bigger.

Four (assuming that you want 65" machines) I would add the newer Sony model, the 65S9005B, to the list. You may also want to consider the 65" Panasonic A902, but personally I'm not a fan of its sloping back stand, unless you wall-mount it.

So that leaves you with two Sony models and two Samsung models, and I understand that they are all very good. All have been favourably reviewed right here at What Hi-Fi, and you can easily access the reviews from the website. About which is best, my personal favourite would be the flat Samsung, the 65HU7500, because it is maybe the best upscaler of 1080p and lesser material. And, it's the cheapest! Cheaper now than it was six months ago, check the Richer Sounds website.

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi sorry for not answering been very buisy doing the house up so bigboss you recommend the hu7500 i am now more after buying the 55f9000 very good reviews and future upgradable one connect box could you tell me how good would it be if used as a pc monitor mainly gaming?

Bear in mind that with the recent 4K standards being announced last month, especially High Dynamic Range (HDR), none of the TVs that exist today are capable of displaying the full potential of 4K, not even with the one connect box.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-2015-4k-hdr-quantum-dot-and-dolby-vision-explained

It's best to wait for 2015 models if you're after 4K.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Whats wrong with the 55HU8500 which i have it wall mounted and only two wires to the tv, a power cable and one wire going to the one connect box.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Having owned 2 samsung and 1 sony id go sony all the way as its better motion but not sure if its the same for 4k tvs as only had 1080p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts