Wiring and set up help please - for Marantz PM-66SE KI Signature Amp and Celestion F38

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to this, but very excited. In the post is a Marantz PM 66SE Ki Amp. And on Saturday I'll be picking up some second hand bargain Celestion F38's. I've spent ages reviewing budget systems and matching budget with availabilty, this is what Ive got.

Now, what to do next?! I'll need some speaker wire. What should I take into account here. Are there good/bad lengths to attach. I'd guess, each would be 4m from the amp, ideally.

Also, I'll be attaching record player, computer and TV. Should I try to minimise these input cable lengths? Does it matter what cable I buy to connect these up?

Thanks for your help - I'm sure this question will be useful for other beginners like myself!

John

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
johnrcotton said:
Now, what to do next?! I'll need some speaker wire. What should I take into account here. Are there good/bad lengths to attach. I'd guess, each would be 4m from the amp, ideally.

Ideally each speaker cable would be the same length but you're unlikely to notice if they're not. 4m? That's quite a long way!

Also, I'll be attaching record player, computer and TV. Should I try to minimise these input cable lengths?

If you can yes, there's no point buying longer than you need.

Does it matter what cable I buy to connect these up?

Oh dear.

"Yes",

"No",

"You're an idiot!",

"I know you are but what am I?"

Take your pick from the answers listed above and you'll be someway towards the sort of replies you're likely to get...

A

Anonymous

Haha! I expected a reply something like that! I've got to start somewhere!

4 metres as amp one side of room with equip - speakers other side near TV. Bad idea?

I was aware that buying the appropriate speaker cable is important (any advice) - but for the TV, Record PLayer and Computer - iwasn't aware that I had a lot of choice. Can you point me in the right direction please?!

johnrcotton said:
Hi,

I'm new to this, but very excited. In the post is a Marantz PM 66SE Ki Amp. And on Saturday I'll be picking up some second hand bargain Celestion F38's. I've spent ages reviewing budget systems and matching budget with availabilty, this is what Ive got.

Also, I'll be attaching record player, computer and TV. Should I try to minimise these input cable lengths? Does it matter what cable I buy to connect these up?

Thanks for your help - I'm sure this question will be useful for other beginners like myself!

John

Hi John

I'll recommend using standard 79 strand OFC speaker cables and basic interconnects for the TT, computer and television. Yes, please try and keep cable lenghts to a minimum.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the info. I see you have a music shop. Would you be able to supply these - once I figure out my lengths?

Cheers,

John

A

Anonymous

I doubt Rick will answer that...you could try calling him though

Musicraft:
con_address.png
130 London RoadDerbyDerbyshireDE1 2SR
emailButton.png
// info@musicraft.co.uk
con_tel.png
01332 346284
arrow.png
07727 272 443
If I were you, I'd have a look on Ebay for 79 strand speaker cable and interconnects, should be able to pick some up cheap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts