Wireless speaker dilemma!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there; new to the site and looking for some advice: I've been looking at various potnetial wireless streaming solutions for the home. Primarilythe requirement is to will allow us to listen to music in the dining room (currently stored in iMac), and talk radio or different music in the kitchen, as well as potentially using with the Bose lifestyle system in the living room for the TV. As well as the iMac in the dining room, we have a macbook air, and one of us has an iPhone. Options: 1) Considered a Sonos set up, but not been that impressed with the sound or aesthetics of the speakers, and it would mean buying an iPod touch as a controller if we didn't want to use the PC/laptops all the time. At least this would give us a seperate network, different "zones", and easy extendability; alternatives would be to buy active speakers with dongles like Audio Pro or Blueaura which seem to be better acoustically, but aren't widely available. 2) Sony NS510 wireless speakers; some of the reviews seem pretty good, but others seem concerned about how intuitive and easy to set up the system would be. Not been able to find anywhere to listen to these, but had good experience of Sony products in the past. 3)AQ Smart speakers; "truly" wireless, no need to even plug them in as they have decent battery power. Good reviews, but only sell direct so can't listen to them before you buy. Helpful staff online assured me we could listen to different things in different rooms, and they look kinda sexy too, lol. 4) Settle for decent bookshelf type speakers for the iMac (Edifier Spinnakers? NOCS NS2 air monitors coming in September?) and something else for the kitchen? There seem to be a lot of "new" products coming out, and I'm not averse to waiting for a bit. Prepared to spend a reasonable amount but not ridiculous money; audio phile quality not required, and would prefer something that looks half decent. Thoughts anyone?

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
The Sonos does seem to be the kind of thing you're after if you want to listen to same music library and maybe radio in different locations at same time, and maybe hook into your Bose. Your iPhone could act as a controller for all zones as well as a PC.

You needn't be limited to the Sonos players with speakers, but can get the ones that allow plugging into other speakers, or into an amp and speakers or active speakers.

The thing is the Sonos is expensive ish, but very good and reliable. It also needs either a NAS or computer on to grab the music library from.

But I can't really see how your multizone system works without something like Sonos. You'd have to have several devices with the same music library or only ever play in one zone at a time.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, just done a bit of looking up and the Sony stuff you mention does have multiroom and ability to play stuff from NAS, and have different music playing in different zones, like the Sonos. Seems good. Not sure if it would hook into your Bose like Sonos though.

But the thing is the Sony speaker / doc thing is about £288, so more than a Sonos player, though if you like the sound better then it would be worth it.

The AQ are about £299 a pair, but not sure they have multi-room. Seems cost effective if they do though.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, further see you have had it confirmed AQ does do mutliroom, so could be cost effective if you gamble on the speaker sound.

TBH though, for its reliability and use of separate network, I'd go with the Sonos and add external amp and / or speakers if you don't like the quality of the ones built into some of the players. With the Sonos you can buy one with amp and speakers included but don't have to.

The other systems are speakers as I understand it, and there's no option to add an amp and speakers to get better sound.

avani

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Here you get very best wireless speakers in very best price with amazing chritmas offers . Buy bluetooth speakers from feyeshoppy and get free gift also for more detail visit today www feyeshoppy com -------------------------------------- wireless speakers india

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts