Wireless rears

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi any suggestions....

Are there any good wireless rear speaker systems which dont cost the earth? or is it a case of put up with wires for better sound....

any ideas cheers!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We have heard some decent wireless-rear set-ups from home cinema in a box packages, but they've always been a compromise compared to wired surround-sound speakers.

However, KEF's Wireless System - see review here - could suit, if you're willing to pay its price, and accept that there's still quite a lot of cabling involved (though not, of course, those big runs to the back of your room). It allows you to use standard speakers, and there's no drop-off in quality.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Claire.....

Just been looking at those in reviews section an am torn. What difference in sound would there be between those and a system such as Onkyo 606 partnering Jamo102s or the new kef 2005.3 which ul be reviewing in septmebers issue? speakers got to be girlfriend friendly also would it be a waste spending so much on the onkyo to get £250 speakers? any other suggestions? many thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The thing about the KEF system is that you add it to existing speakers - so it'd be £400 on top of the cost of your new speaker package. Ouch!

I would say the Onkyo 606 is going to be a tad much for the likes of the Jamo package, but let's see how the new KEF 2005.3 package does before we prejudge how that fares.

If you don't have to buy straight away, I would wait, as there's some keenly priced receivers coming along that could offer alternative to the Onkyo 606 - not least its own 506 model (£250), which we review in next week's issue.

A

Anonymous

Thanks i will wait and see how the kefs perform. Just wanting to get the best sound out of my ps3, and the onkyo 606/605 is the cheapest receiver with hd sound unless ive missed one? cheers Claire

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Neo 77:Just wanting to get the best sound out of my ps3, and the onkyo 606/605 is the cheapest receiver with hd sound unless ive missed one?

At the moment, yes, but I think there may be less expensive rivals coming...

A

Anonymous

Going on everything ive heard i will sit tight and see what the future holds. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts