Wireless Rear Home Cinema?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I am looking for a relatively cheap home cinema system. My needs are not great, but I seem to be having trouble finding something.

I have a Philips 42PFL9632D 42" TV and a Topfield TF5800 PVR.

I would like something along the lines of:
  • Upscaling DVD player (up to 1080i or 1080p) that can also play other media (CDs, etc.)
  • Wireless rear speakers that don't need line-of-sight
  • AV Receiver that has coax digital in - but can cope with optical (my TV only has coax out but at a pinch I think I can buy a converter?)
  • Connectivity for future - Blu-Ray
I was looking at the very cheap all-in-one Samsung HT-TX30R plus optional wireless module but was slightly put off by the lack of connectivity and support for HD audio - how important is that?

I am not a fussy audiophile, I just want something halfway decent.

If you can help me I would be very grateful!

A

Anonymous

Just bumping in the unlikely event that anyone can help...
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi - I had given up hearing a reply, to be honest! Thanks and sorry for the late response to your reply.

The thing is, my room is quite large and I have no illusions of filling it with sound from all 4 corners - the viewing area occupies maybe half. My budget is about up to a maximum of £400-£500 so that pretty much rules out most standalone systems, I guess. I would like the rear speakers to be wireless and all of them to be small, so again more restrictions.

I haven't got my room dimensions at the moment, how much does it matter where a budget system is concerned?

Oh, and one other thing - it would be good if it had coax input (the HT-X30R doesn't)...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, there are systems out there but I think it's going to be hard to find one which fits all your requirements, and your budget and your room size (having a look, I'm struggling to find one!). One comment I've seen on the HT-X30 is it lacks punch which obviously isn't going to be good for you as if your room is too big, it will swallow the sound and you'll get no real pleasure from the system.

If you really can't stand the thought of wires to the rears, you might be better off looking at a 2.1 system for the moment? If could bear it, this gives us a few more options (such as the Sony DAV-IS10, though again, this will be dependent on your room size to ensure the sound isn't lost in the space).

The main thing I think you need to do is make sure you get a system powerful enough, but of a decent quality to ensure you get the sound you require, but also, to make sure that sound doesn't make you want to clamp your hands over your ears!

TRENDING THREADS