wireless headphone amp

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a cheap good headphone amp that i can plug into my amp. It must be able to send music wireless to the head phones.

I will source the music from same source as with my amp.

Pc music files

Good luck with that one Andrew.I doubt you can get a headphone amp with wireless connectivity to your hp's and getting one that's cheap! mmmm,I'll keep an eye on this thread.If I really need to listen wirelessy I could use my ps4 with the turtle beach px4's with Spotify,I don't think that the ps4 can read cd's though.

jjbomber

Andrewjvt said:
Can anyone recommend a cheap good headphone amp that i can plug into my amp. It must be able to send music wireless to the head phones.

Pc music files

Do you just need a wireless transmitter to plug into the line out of the amp?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:

Pc music files

It's not clear to me what you have and what you need/want.

Do you have wireless/Bluetooth headphones and want a wireless transmitter? Do you have regular headphones and want to be able to sit further away from your amp?

The former has no need of amplification, so probably isn't technically an amp. The latter, I've never heard of a product that includes a wireless transmitter at the source end (irrespective of whether the source is digital from your computer or analogue from your amp) and a receiver and amplifier at the other end, but then again I've never gone looking. In the case of the latter I'd say get a longer cable or an extension cable. If your computer is your source couldn't you use something like a Chromecast Audio into a combined headphone amp and DAC, and stream directly from your computer, cutting out the middle man of your amp?

Most wireless headphone setups that I know of are configured with a transmitter at the source and the amplification built into the headphones. Not sure whether there is a product to allow you to use existing headphones and effectively uncouple you from the source.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Just a good headphone amp for cheap. Whats the good makes to look for?

My problem why i cant just stick a headphone/amp dac onto the pc is becuase of the way the drivers on pc(and amp setting)are setup on jriver to play dsd and if the pc is not connected the the hegel it wont play(through jriver) and im not changing settings everytime. So a cheap good quality headphone amp to connect to the hegel. Dont mind second hand or ebay.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard them, but I don't be tempted by some of the budget offerings from Schiit if I were looking for a straight headphone amp with no DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts