Wireless 5.1 suround systeem

Sjoerd Bijs

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
We had a Denon 2300 with hamon kardon speakers with cables, but its not possible to connect rear speakers with cables.

We are looking for a 5.1 wireless systeem, or in this case that the rear speakers can be wireless.

We looked for a sonos 5.1 wireless, but seems it cannot get dolby Atmos, or DTS HD, or Treu HD,

Anyone who has some advise?

Thx

abacus

First of all you cannot get Atmos with a 5.1 system as the minimum is 5.1.2.

Have a look at Samsung Soundbars (The Q90R does 7.1.4 with wireless speakers) which will probably suit your needs.

Bill

Sjoerd Bijs

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Thx for advise,

First we looked for Denon Haos soundbar, but this thing has no rear speakers.
This sounbar, has 2 hdmi input, but i have 3 hdmi cables, is there a way to fix this?.

A wireless surround system of any type is abused on two approaches. All speakers need power, so need to be connected to an amplifier of some sort. A speaker will either need a built in amplifier, in which case each speaker will have a mains cable and need to be plugged into the mains somewhere - or they will use batteries. This approach will come with the usual downsides of anything battery based (charging etc).
But these types of systems are usually pretty poor for genuine Atmos reproduction. They usually have the Atmos speakers built into the front speakers or soundbar in order to save space, because they oddly presume that those who are looking for minimalism are interested in Atmos, or interested in surround sound at all. The majority of those looking at soundbars are wanting something more discrete.

Unless you’re willing to install in-ceiling speakers (or at the very least use dedicated upfiring ones), I’d stick to a normal 5.1 system.

Sjoerd Bijs

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Thx for reply.

Our situation is that o cant get a speaker cable cross trough my room.

We had power enough at the rear, so i m l9oking for a set up systeem , were i dont have to use cables for my speaker at the rear, power cables for the speakers are no problem. So someone has more advise.

abacus

You can get an HDMI switch box from Amazon if you need more inputs. (Make sure it is rated at 18Gbs)

The Samsung mentioned has dedicated Atmos speakers built into the rear speakers as well as the soundbar (Hence the 7.1.4 designation) so is probably your best bet.

As an alternative if you have room for a 2 channel power amp at the rear and you have pre-amp outputs on your Denon, then you could get a wireless transmitter/receiver combo and make your own system up. (There are a number available on Amazon)

Bill

Reactions: Sjoerd Bijs

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Maybe David could explain better than me but bluesound have just updated the software to allow a power node to work wirelessly, or 2x pulse flex with battery packs would be truly wireless rears.

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts