Wired/Bluetooth?

Chef42

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Hello, I'd be very grateful for thoughts please..

I'm struggling to understand whether to buy wired or wireless headphones. I like the convenience of wireless but isn't Bluetooth poor compared with wired and is there such a thing as a DAC for Bluetooth?

I ideally want a pair I could run through a DAC for listening to TIDAL from my phone (with lightning adaptor) but I'd also like to use them with my PS5 and or Mac for general use... Not sure if such a thing exists?

I guess my ideal would be:

- Wireless with option to use a wire
- Noise cancelling that can be turned off
- Quality Mic for calls when required
- Can be paired with multiple devices simultaneously
- Will work with a DAC when needed
- Sound awesome and will be better than AirPods Pro and will take advantage of TIDAL Master quality
- Can deal with Sony PS5 3D sound

Thanks in advance! Ben

Chef42

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Thanks! Guess it means more than one set of cans then :)
Does anyone know whether the Sony WH-1000xm4 will do hi-res if you use it in wired mode with a DAC? I guess that would at least kill 2 birds...?

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Does anyone know whether the Sony WH-1000xm4 will do hi-res if you use it in wired mode with a DAC? I guess that would at least kill 2 birds...?
Yes. In wired mode, headphones are dealing with analogue signal by this point. The Hi-Res/MQA/Digital stream will have been processed by the DAC, and and the analouge signal amplified by the AMP.

Reactions: Chef42

Chef42

Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
Yes. In wired mode, headphones are dealing with analogue signal by this point. The Hi-Res/MQA/Digital stream will have been processed by the DAC, and and the analouge signal amplified by the AMP.
Thanks - that addresses most of my needs then... Noise cancelling for mowing the lawn and travel, great general audio and also very high quality with a wire and a DAC when I need it too!
Appreciate the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts