Windows 7 Jitter Woes...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Since I upgraded to windows 7 (from Vista, so it is understandable), the drivers for my onboard soundcard have gone from fully functioning, to unlistenably crackly. Apparently this a pretty common problem, and after a few months of bearing it and playing round with new drivers and the like I admitted defeat, and purchaced a cheap (but good) lindy USB audio interface.

This has all but eliminated the crackle (yay), but some clicky bits do still persist (boo), generally more audiable in silence. I've played around with the output settings (windows), all the way from CD quality to the highest 24/98 output, but they still persist.

Essentially, my question is two-fold

1- if you've solved this kind of issue, how did you

and

2- could this be solved by shelling out on a big meaty DAC, rather than my piddly (one assumes) but functional USB interface.

A

Anonymous

not sure on your problem - but jitter doesn't cause crackling ....

crackling is caused by interference or a software issue (driver issue or PC not powerful enough to keep up with the data/processing of the audio)

crackling via USB is an odd one - not sure how thats possible since its a digital interface, but does suggest there is something amiss with either your PC (whats the specs etc ?) or the software playback method you are using (what software are you using for playback ?)

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I never managed to fix a similar option with my laptop and live with it. (for now).

You didn't mention if you have a laptop or desktop... If you have a desktop then something like this might be an option. ASUS Xonar Essence ST or STX.

In the end however a DAC is just another name for an external soundcard so they are definately an option also.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts