Question Will we see Dirac live across all AV receivers soon?

Tannoy866

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
Not sure how long Dirac live has been out for exactly, but will we see it on Denon, Sony AV receivers etc,?

Does it live up to the hype?..... My room is very open, as you can see! Will Dirac help with this?

Attachments

• IMG20201230155459.jpg
    IMG20201230155459.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 9
D

Deleted member 2457

Not sure how long Dirac live has been out for exactly, but will we see it on Denon, Sony AV receivers etc,?

Does it live up to the hype?..... My room is very open, as you can see! Will Dirac help with this?
Might see it on Denon, Sony AV receivers etc.

Depends on your setup if it lives up to the hype (I personally think).

abacus

Dirac Live has been out for years and is used in pro circles as well as consumer electronics, it is a very advanced system and is not the easiest to set up, but when done well can be game changing, (Best to leave it to your dealer rather than trying to set it up yourself) it is used more by smaller manufactures rather than the big boys, (Although as Arcam is now owned by Harmon it is getting wider use in other products in the group) as to whether the big boys decide to obtain a licence to use Dirac then probably not as they are heavily invested in their own systems (Even though most their room correction systems are not very good) plus they tend to go for plug & play.

As always room correction should be the last thing to set up, with the first being acoustic treatment of the room as much as possible, with room correction adding the icing on the cake.

Will it work in your room? Then the answer is yes (Just like all room corrections systems) however how good it will be will depend on the room and its treatment. (Room correction systems are not a miracle cure)

Bill

D

Deleted member 116933

Will work? Simple answer no not really

TBH it all boils down how well you've implemented the fundamentals ie speaker setup/placement. EQ can only do so much, placement is still king EQ is a finisher the iceing.

You have a large open plan place with an opening on the left-hand side, in my experience, no room eq will deal with that the bass on that side is gone straight off the bat. Your right speaker is bang in the corner next to glass far from ideal. Your left speaker is basically in free space. I'd argue you would actually get better sound if you bought some smaller speakers and placed them where your picture frames and stone acorn are , perhaps with a sub which I can't currently see if you have one or not.

Basically, id say your speakers are to big for your space. dwonsize pocket the cash and then worry about Eq but as I don't think its going to help you really

No amount of eq is going to balance that up.

Lovely looking room though and love the decor.

Sorry if that's a bit negative but some think EQ is this magic pill and in my experience in the general joe's house it just isn't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts