Will old Sugden A25 or Audiolab 8000a work with Dali Oberon 5

Mark1970

Mar 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi All

This is my first post, I drooled over What Hi Fi Magazines as a teenager, quickly upgrading my early efforts to a Sugden A25 and Rogers Ls2's when I was in 18 in 1998 , these got sold for a trip abroad a few years later. A couple of years ago I managed to re acquire an A25 from the owner of Sugden and found a pair of Rogers LS2a's on ebay. I also have an Audiolab 8000 A which can run very hot (fry an egg hot) and a pair of B&W CDM 1's. One of the connecting wires on one of the drivers of the CDM's needs re soldering or fixing, I bought the stuff but I cant see it working.

I have therefore decided to buy some floor standers probably the Dali Oberon 5 's but maybe some Kefs or Fyne Audios something around £500 - £800. The question is do I need a new amp if so which should I get.....or which of mine would work best. All you combination will be really apricated.

I have seen some bluetooth valve amps on Amazon that get great reviews anyone think they are worth a look?

Thank you in Advance.....

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi All

This is my first post, I drooled over What Hi Fi Magazines as a teenager, quickly upgrading my early efforts to a Sugden A25 and Rogers Ls2's when I was in 18 in 1998 , these got sold for a trip abroad a few years later. A couple of years ago I managed to re acquire an A25 from the owner of Sugden and found a pair of Rogers LS2a's on ebay. I also have an Audiolab 8000 A which can run very hot (fry an egg hot) and a pair of B&W CDM 1's. One of the connecting wires on one of the drivers of the CDM's needs re soldering or fixing, I bought the stuff but I cant see it working.

I have therefore decided to buy some floor standers probably the Dali Oberon 5 's but maybe some Kefs or Fyne Audios something around £500 - £800. The question is do I need a new amp if so which should I get.....or which of mine would work best. All you combination will be really apricated.

I have seen some bluetooth valve amps on Amazon that get great reviews anyone think they are worth a look?

Thank you in Advance.....

The sugden a25 is a very fine amp and I think you’ll be a little disappointed by the amazon models.

As long as the speakers are sensitive enough you’ll be ok with the sugden. I have no experience with the audiolab so can’t comment on it.

I think the fyne audio would be a good place to start.

TRENDING THREADS