Will a Nad c315 drive Dali Ikon 2 speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
And does it sound like a good combo?

Or do i need to get a c326 to give them enough power?

I have never heard a Nad/Dali combo so i also wonder if they are in general well matched. The speakers will be second hand from somenone upgrading to bigger speakers and im not sure if i have the time to demo the system at my local dealer. The system will go in my summer house and the living room is really not that big.

Any thoughts?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:NAD and Dali go well together. I heard Ikon 1s with the NAD C325BEE some months ago and it was great. I would be inclined to opt for the C326BEE though. It is substantially better than the C315BEE.

I believe Nad's design brief was to build a cheap amp that gives little away to the next one up the range other than a few facilities. Depending who you listen to they seem to have achieved that largely. I can't honestly see the few extra watts the 325/6 has making a great difference. I have heard the little nad on a couple of occasions and it sounded good for something so inexpensive and is probably just as capable for that sort of speaker.

I remember a group test this publication carried out some time ago and the 315 plus matching player plus some QAcoustics or Tannoy F1, can't remember exactly, scored well. These sort of systems are often offered as a package deal which seem good vfm.

A

Anonymous

Thx all

Over here there is a package deal that makes a c315 and c515 cd player combo about 60 £ less than the c326 amp so that is why im asking if the C315 is enough. It will give me alot for my money but if the 315 isnt going to be enough for the Dali's ill get the c326.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:I've heard the two amps side by side, and there is quite a difference.

Ok. I was wrong then
emotion-1.gif

matthewpiano

drummerman:
matthewpiano:I've heard the two amps side by side, and there is quite a difference.

Ok. I was wrong then
emotion-1.gif

Not saying you were wrong, although the difference is about more than a few watts. For a start off the 315 has a simplified version of PowerDrive that utilises light bulbs. In performance this seems to translate into the 326 having more dynamic grip than its smaller sibling.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yup; agree with MP on this one.

The C315BEE is an ok amp but the C326BEE does blow it out of the water! Better soundstage, more capable power and a great bottom end as well
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Maybe ill buy the 326 and the discounted 315/515 combo and then sell the 315 without opening the box. The cd player has digital out so i can use it as a cheap transport for my dac if it sounds rubbish :)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Definitly
emotion-1.gif

You'll not go far wrong with the NAD C326BEE powering the Dali Ikon 2's
emotion-5.gif

Is this going to be a 2nd system then as I see in your sig you've already got B&W CM7's etc...?

TRENDING THREADS