Wife says speakers too big

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Erm if we're being pedantic, I think you'll find they're made of the usual wood-based composite materials, but veneered with real wood. So painting them should have a relatively minor effect on sound. If any.

Thanks for the clarification, Mr E. As ever, your diligent presence & readiness to offer wise council is much appreciated.

However, considering your official status on this forum, may I respectfully request that before you tinge your interjections with sarcasm & patronage - "Erm... ...I think you'll find..." - that you read other posters' banter in full?

My initial post on this thread was a query, furthermore my reply to Jonnyjazz's curiously pedantic & indignant retort also included the line: "...Paint WOULD alter the levels etc of resonance; IF the speaker cabinets are made of real wood...".

Hence, was your reply's "Erm... ...I think you'll find..." tone entirely appropriate?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts