Wife says speakers too big

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Had the spendors for 6 months now but the better half thinks they are too big, has done since the day they were bought. I love the sound they give,everything about them, but fed up with the silly arguments. She likes the suggy because its small and wants the speakers replaced with someting a lot smaller, maybe on stands. Likes the look of the smaller sonus fabers but i don,t know where to begin or even if i want to.

Oh by the way it,s not that when she dances with the volume up while she hoovers.

Any suggestions guys. Thanks
emotion-6.gif

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
have you pointed out that a speaker on a stand will take up the same space as a floorstander? seems a real shame to change what you love, but hey, if she has to go she has to go.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Leave the hoover sitting permanently in front of the speakers.

A

Anonymous

Spendor A5? Darker sound but a lot smaller and still nice.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Spendor A5? Darker sound but a lot smaller and still nice.

Knew you,d say that
emotion-7.gif

matthewpiano

Lots of auditioning is needed if you are going to make the change. I would be looking at smaller Spendors as a starting point, but I'd also be looking at some of the ATC stand mounts as well as the Opera and Sonus Faber ranges.

A

Anonymous

johnnyjazz:
igglebert:Spendor A5? Darker sound but a lot smaller and still nice.

Knew you,d say that
emotion-7.gif

I'm far too predictable. The Spendor SA1 might be too small for you. To get a bigger sound in the same flavour you could look at the Spendor Classic series but they're very 70's looking so low in curb appeal. Harbeth stand mounters might be an option but again, their appearance ain't great.

Proac D1 or D2; 70's looking again.

Maybe you like 70's looking speakers.

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:have you pointed out that a speaker on a stand will take up the same space as a floorstander? seems a real shame to change what you love, but hey, if she has to go she has to go.
emotion-4.gif

lol Craig's right though - the footprint of a smaller speaker on a stand will still be comparable to the floorstander ?! :/

A

Anonymous

THE_FORCE:
Craig M.:have you pointed out that a speaker on a stand will take up the same space as a floorstander? seems a real shame to change what you love, but hey, if she has to go she has to go.
emotion-4.gif

lol Craig's right though - the footprint of a smaller speaker on a stand will still be comparable to the floorstander ?! :/

My girlfriend prefers the way she can see through the legs of the stand. She also finds that most floorstanders are too deep. Kinda makes sense.

A

Anonymous

THE_FORCE:

emotion-4.gif

Yea but you,ve not got a complete thick cabinet from top to bottom so makes the eyes think there is more space around the area

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, a classic case of 'do my speakers look big in this?'
emotion-5.gif

Anyway you can compromise on this? Eg you can keep the speakers if she gets her way on something else? Shoes/bags can be useful currency in such debates....

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
johnnyjazz:THE_FORCE:

emotion-4.gif

Yea but you,ve not got a complete thick cabinet from top to bottom so makes the eyes think there is more space around the area

i know what you mean, my gf hates floorstanders for the same reason.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:

Ah, a classic case of 'do my speakers look big in this?'
emotion-5.gif

Anyway you can compromise on this? Eg you can keep the speakers if she gets her way on something else? Shoes/bags can be useful currency in such debates....

Bought 2 bags in italy last year, cost more than the spendors, so thats not an option i,m afraid.

Has anybody got a clue how the small sonus fabers sound, cost, partner with sugden etc.

scene

You could always buy some really cheap and nasty small speakers, connect them up to the amp with bell wire, preferrably looping the bell wire speaker cable around the mains cables at the back of your stand several times to ensure a really nice mains hum and then see how much dancing she does when hoovering...
emotion-14.gif

Then when you complain, act all innocent
emotion-13.gif
and say that this is the issue with "small speakers" - hopefully she'll beg for the floor standers back...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare recommends handbag as conciliation - for recomendation, please see todays Daily Mail for picture of Victoria Beckham's new handbag.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, I think it's a bit unfair of your wife to ask you to change the speakers, just because she'll prefer the way she can 'see through the stand' !!

If it was me, I'd act really depressed about it all. Stop eating, put some talc on your face to make you look pastey, and generally try to look 'ill', and state that the thought of having to change the speakers has really got you down.

If she still insists, then sorry, but she ain't worth it girlfriend !!!

A

Anonymous

Buy even bigger speakers . All will become quite clear after that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts