Why is there so much compromised and so little losless music on the internet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Just had a look at the WiMP website. Currently unavailable in the UK.

Hi Matthew.

As I type Wimp HiFi lossless running in the background, so must be available in UK :)

Just go on Wimp website, choose Poland as your country.. you'll get 24hrs free lossless trial.. pay 39.99 zl after that (about £8) per month and you've got similar to Spotify library in flac/ alac for less than Spotify Premium.

gasolin

Broner said:
@Gasolin Are you sure you can hear the difference between 320 kbps and lossless, since you have appear to have a pretty firm opinion on the matter of what would be suitable quality under which circumstances.

Some can hear a difference between spotify premium and wimp hifi and some can't

It's like a hd movie vs a full hd movie som can and some can't se a difference

I set the sound quality in wimp to high because i couldn't play music (didn't help), don't know why but there was no sound and i had to turn off my amp and on again (it aut shuts down after no signal for maby 20 or 30 min), then i listen to music and forgot to turn it back to hifi again, just a few min ago i felt theres a lack of openess,clearity in the high frequency, thought that's not right, theres something wrong and found out i wasn't listening to hifi (losless), when i started to hear music in hifi i experience a more open and clear sound.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
the ogg vorbis 320k spotify premium streaming service sounds very good to me, almost as good as cd ,unless you do back to back comparisons with the same track on CD its difficult to tell and dont feel you are missing anything, cant be bothered with comparisons anymore though, just enjoying endless music

However DAB radio at 128k :shame: just cant bear it most of the time.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when you do A/B listening you can hear a difference—other times you don't. And sometimes you can even imagine that you do. But when you have to pay so much attention, and compare so closely… Is it worth it? Regarding equipment and sources I have come to the conclusion that unless the sound difference is something that I notice without looking for it, and that I enjoy it, it is probably not worth it.

I have lossless and even some higher-resolution music in iTunes, and also use Spotify Premium. And I pretty much enjoy everything the same. I'd still be willing to pay more for a lossless service of Spotify. As for Qobuz, I tried it and found the music collection so unorganized that it was more a nuisance than anything else.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xynvBrqOdcs

Must watch.
tumblr_inline_mqx09ihnqF1qz4rgp.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts