who is the king of home theatre speaker packages?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
:cheers: hi if oppo is the king of blu ray players witch company is the king of home theatre speaker packages in peoples opinion ie monitor audio b&w paradigm etc want the best company for sound quality and design and build please could people please reply asap please :cheers:

There's no such thing as the "King" of any AV equipment, not even the Oppo. All depends on which product suits your needs the most. B&W, Monitor Audio & KEF all make excellent speakers, & only a demo will tell you which is the best for you. Obviously depends on budget as well. One of the very best home cinema systems, the B&W CT800 costs £68000.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The King of Value has to be this at £299 (£550 with Sub): http://www.kronosav.com/speakers/speaker-packages/tav-506-v-2-set.html?

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
There's no such thing as the "King" of any AV equipment, not even the Oppo. All depends on which product suits your needs the most. B&W, Monitor Audio & KEF all make excellent speakers, & only a demo will tell you which is the best for you. Obviously depends on budget as well. One of the very best home cinema systems, the B&W CT800 costs £68000.

+1

T

theflyingwasp

This isn't answering the question but I find the whole speaker packages and home cinema amps quite frustrating I have the yamaha ysp2200 at the moment and it sounds fine to me but after buying the oppo103 and zt65 I was thinking maybe I should buy surround sound of the same quality

I only have a room of 5x5 meters and some of the style speaker packages and amps that I can afford may just be too powerful for my needs my yamaha is 130watts max and some of the rear speakers out there are 100w alone .wether I can afford the £2000 yamaha amp and the £2000 b&w speakers isn't the point and some of the remarks what hifi makes about products Make no sense to me.with my other equipment I feel I'm cheaping out on buying cheap ish speakers .

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
5x5 is a good sized room and you can achieve good results with that space. The YSP2200 is good but it will not compare to a complete surround sound system and if you are looking at investing £4k there will be no contest.

There are loads of options and doubtless suggestions but the best thing to do is get a demo and see what you like or don't like.

scene

TheHomeCinemaCentre said:
5x5 is a good sized room and you can achieve good results with that space. The YSP2200 is good but it will not compare to a complete surround sound system and if you are looking at investing £4k there will be no contest. There are loads of options and doubtless suggestions but the best thing to do is get a demo and see what you like or don't like.

+1 on that. You've got 60m3, over 2100 cu.ft (assuming you've got an average height ceiling). A lot of posters here would be jealous of a room that size :)

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I am the King with my B&W speakers, Oppo Blu-ray player and Pioneer amp! :grin:

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
I only have a room of 5x5 meters and some of the style speaker packages and amps that I can afford may just be too powerful for my needs my yamaha is 130watts max and some of the rear speakers out there are 100w alone .wether I can afford the £2000 yamaha amp and the £2000 b&w speakers isn't the point and some of the remarks what hifi makes about products Make no sense to me.with my other equipment I feel I'm cheaping out on buying cheap ish speakers .

The yamaha soundbars are very good, but a soundbar cannot compete with a full surround package for immersion factor and f you made the jump to a full set-up I'm confident you would feel your movie watching experience had improved significantly - it would be wrong to describe your Yamaha as the "weak link" in that system, but a move to a full surround system is the next most logical upgrade choice you could make, and a 5x5 room is plenty large enough to accommodate one.

Don't be put off by the difference in apparent power rating between your Yamaha and a receiver putting out a claimed 5 x 110w (plus separate powered sub putting out circa 150-250w); this doesnt mean the receiver will be 5 times louder and will deafen you as a result! (The auto set-up function will in any event set up the channel levels according to the size of your room). It does mean the receiver will be capable of delivering a more powerful sound through speakers capable of shifting more air in the room, with the result that you should find watching movies a much more all-encompassing experience.

To answer the original question, and as others have said, MA, B&W and Kef are all excellent choices (the choice of which one will in part depend which receiver your partnering them with, and what your preference is in terms of sound signature), and Q Accoustics are highly rated for speakers at a lower price point.

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
We can debate the best speakers until the cows come home.....but as for home cinema subs: a TC 5400 in an enclosure built to survive nuclear warfare is the way to go ;) ...... concete is the best I've come across, not exactly practical mind :type: :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts