who ever thought to rebuild this site for their gcse project has failed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Sliced Bread

I think people are maybe over reacting a little.

A lot of work must have gone into the site, and while it’s not (yet) perfect, at least half of the issues with the site are quick and easy fixes:

· Change of font, font colour & font size

· Reduction of line spacing between lines (I think, probably just as big an issue as font size)

· Reduction of the size of some of the icons.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
When I do websites for clients, we install the forums like vBulletin, phpBB etc. for free. Clients can install them with just few click inside their hosting package (example in CPanel). It is intentionally made to be simple for people who do not want to pay for custom made and fit.

If a client comes and asks for a website that is a information portal and has integrated forum community looking seamless with the rest of the design, I will charge for redesigning and adapting a forum platform.

You can ask for a luxury customization company to fit you flat screens in your car or you can just buy plastic clip-ons and few LG screens and fit them yourself. Few wires might show here and there but you saved money by DIY.

I personally dislike this design as much as the previous one, however this one at least has the potential to be made into something good. Just needs more CSS work, tons of coffee and barell of RedBull.

post-18529-Yes-mlkshk-1nAi.gif

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There's no search forums facility here anymore, a site search doesn't cover it.

Really poor design on iPad and iPhone at least - haven't tried it on desktop yet. Unstable too, page jumps about all over the place, very annoying. I like the general look but usability is dreadful

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Why does there need to be several threads on the 'new site'?

Time to lock the secondary ones and put all the gripes into one basket.

And you know what you get when you 'puta alla gripes ina one basket ana stomp on them'?

whine
biggrin.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts