Which tweeters for B&W DM550?

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a pair of B&W DM550s and the tweeters are totally shot. The mid/woofers sound sweet so I'm loathe to bin them but genuine replacement tweeters cost more than the speakers are worth.

Can anyone please recommend some reasonably priced replacements to resurrect these speakers?

Or am I wasting my time? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

insider9

I'd be looking to get a fully working pair in not so good cosmetic condition on eBay. They can be had for around £40 if you're lucky. This way you'd have some replacement parts and not just tweeters.

Ant Smith said:
The suggestions are appreciated.

Sometimes I see tweeters come up on ebay and I always wonder if they'd suit. It sounds like Falcon may be a good place to start.
You definitely cannot just fit any old tweeter. Or even any new one! Aside from obviously needing to be indentical physically to fit the cabinet, they'd need to have the same characteristics of sound, dispersion and electrical measures - especially sensitivity, otherwise they will simply not blend at all.

The idea of getting tatty B&W models looks ideal, but possibly Wilmslow Audio might be able to help. They *might* be able suggest a matching unit, or repair your old ones. http://www.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts