admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im buying a new home cinema set up, im lloking at buying a 42" LCD TV, im looking at LG42LY95, is this about the best at the moment? I would like it to be 1080p. Looking at buying the sony STRDA1200 amp and Harmon Kardon 6.1 HKTS8 speakers. Can anybody tell me if tthese are good. Im pretty new to home cinema.

Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We rated it three stars - OK with DVD but the TV tuner's nothing special. There's a good Samsung, the LE40M68BD, in the latest issue of the magazine, and the Sony KDL-40W2000, our Award-winner last year, or the Panasonic TH-42PX70B.

The Sony receiver is still good, but the entry-level Onkyos are snapping at its heels, and I'm afraid we havden't tested the HK speaker package. Our money would go on the likes of the Q Acoustics 1010 5.1 at the entry level, or the Wharfedale Diamond 9HCP, or if you want a more stylish set-up, the KEF KHT2005.2.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, changed my mind about the TV and going for the sony, still not sure about the speakers and amp, I think im going to go for the Sony amp at £300 I reckon it's a bargin. i like the look of the KEF speakers do you know if they are wall mountable, and is it as easy as adding another satelite speaker to make it 6.1? Thanks again Andrew.

Jay.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Good choice on both TV and amp. I reckon.

Yes the KEF speakers' bases rotate to become wall-mounts, and yes you can buy extras to create 6.1 or even 7.1 systems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts