Which turntable and phono pre amp should i buy???

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Guys......

Namste from India.

In our country, I can get Denon & Lenco as turntable?

Which should I buy??

As Phono Pre Amp, I have choosen CA551 (because my amp is CA650A), is it OK?

Denon and Lenco (Entry Level Model) is having Pre fitted Pre Amp..... Will another Pre Amp creates a problem??

Please advice :? :? :? :? :? :?

Hi Namste, I do not know the turntables you speak of but you do not want 2 phono preamplifiers. Stick with the CA and buy a turntable without fitted pre-amp (as these are usually not of very good quality, certainly not up to the standard of a stand-alone preamp).

Does the CA650A not have a phono input?

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I am cofused :? :? :? :? Giving you the list of imputs:-

1. CD

2. DVD

3. TUNER/DAB

4. AUX

5. TAPE MONITOR

6. MP3

Please help .... Which one is for PHONO :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I cannot see any Lenco details which indicate a switchable phono stage so if that is the case ,you have to use the built in phono amp straight to your amplifier through the aux input preferably.(no 551 required)

If you go for a Denon DP200USB ,the phono amp is switchable so you can do 2 things.

Denon/inbuilt phono switched on to amplifier through the aux input,and then if you want to try an upgrade, you can try to get the 551 on loan and switch the inbuilt phono off/put interconnects into the 551, and then interconnects from 551 to the aux input on the amp.See if it is worth the upgrade before committing.

The other thing with the Denon is you can record your vinyl straight to USB stick or make better resolution recordings to your pc.

Hope that helps/is clear.

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Revey,

Please suggest "Pro-ject Debut III" or "Rega RP1".

I have already selected the preamp, CA551, becau, it will be connected to the AUX of CA650A.

I barely fins a difference...except the price between Pro-ject Debut III and Rega RP1.

Please please please suggest....... :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Ravey,

Please suggest "Pro-ject Debut III" or "Rega RP1".

I have already selected the preamp, CA551, because, it will be connected to the AUX of CA650A.

I barely find a difference...except the price between Pro-ject Debut III and Rega RP1.

Please please please suggest.......
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif
help.gif

This is going to be my first buy ....where TT is concerned

A

Anonymous

Get the Rega RP1 and be done with it. Really, you'll be happy with either, so just go get one and enjoy and not worry 'bout the other.

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
People...can you give me some idea?

Rega RP1 - Does have a ground point or not? In the rear panel....

I am going to buy .... Rega RP1 ..... Already have CA551P as phono pre amp and it is having the ground point in its rear panel.....

Please give me the info...

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
This is what the RP1 manual says

"The arm earth (or ground) is automatically connected through the arm cable screening. No other earthing should be necessary."

If you are buying from a reputable dealer,there should not be a problem with returning a faulty unit (is it the same dealer for both turntables?)

sumit.india

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Ravey....

This is the problem .... the dealer is different.

What to do? Pro-ject Debut III is having the ground pin or not??

Pls help :help: :help:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts