Which Turntabel for SetUp

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

planing a setup witch an following components but haven´t found a turntable yet, so I´d like to ask you:

phono-stage: Lehman Black Cube SE II

headphoneamplifier/preamplifier: SPL Phonitor 2

I´ll use just headphones in first place, but may add speakers further on.

Turntables to choose from are:

-Pro-Ject Audio 6Perspex

-Rega RP6/Exact

-Thorens 206 (because he shape of the Thorens 309 doesn´t really please me ^^)

-any other in this price-range

PS: Sorry if my englsih isn´t quiet the yellow of the egg, because it´s not my main language.

Thanks anyway

TheMaxx1997

TheMaxx1997 said:
Hi there,

planing a setup witch an following components but haven´t found a turntable yet, so I´d like to ask you:

-Pro-Ject Audio 6Perspex

-Rega RP6/Exact

PS: Sorry if my englsih isn´t quiet the yellow of the egg, because it´s not my main language.

Thanks anyway

TheMaxx1997

The 6 Perspex does not normally come fitted with a cartridge so you'll have to budget for one. Based on this I would go with the Regards unless you know what you are doing.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
TheMaxx1997 said:
Hi there,

-Pro-Ject Audio 6Perspex

-Rega RP6/Exact

Thanks anyway

TheMaxx1997

The Black Cube SEII is lovely, but when I listened to an SE and an SEII next to each other I couldn't tell any difference.
The SE is a leap above the standard Black Cube due to its seperate PWX PSU.
My SE is just bedding in now and is sounding lovely (compared to my old cheapo phono stage), and they are so well made, you know when you look at a PCB and the components and just think "yeah - that's well made" - that !

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, as some of you have mentioned, that the 6Perspex comes without a cartridge, i looked that up and found some offers with an Ortofon Quintet Blue for 200€ more, so I think I could handle that.
What do you think, would that be a conciderable point to choose the Perspex instead of the Rega or not?

Thanks anyway to everyone.
Max

TheMaxx1997 said:
Well, as some of you have mentioned, that the 6Perspex comes without a cartridge, i looked that up and found some offers with an Ortofon Quintet Blue for 200€ more, so I think I could handle that. What do you think, would that be a conciderable point to choose the Perspex instead of the Rega or not?

Thanks anyway to everyone. Max

If you can get one pre-configured like that I would go for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts