Phono-/Headphone-amplifier-stage?

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I´d like to setup a new system for myself containing a turntable, a phono-pre-amp and a headphone-amp, because I´ll listen to the music with headphones in first place. But I´d also like to upgrade it some time later and add speakers and that kinda stuff (cd-player etc.).

I´ve already found a turntable which would fit my needs, the Pro-Ject Audio 6Perspex with Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge.

For the phono-pre-amp:

- Lehmann Black Cube SE II

- Pro-Ject Audio Phono Box RS

- any other fitiing the setup (approximately 800€ +-150€)

For headphone-amp:

- SPL Phonitor 2

- Pro-Ject Audio Head Box RS

- any other fitting the setup (approximately 800-1400€ +-250€)

I´ve got an open mind it terms of combinations and that stuff (lets say a phono-headphone-pre-amp or headphone-pre-amp, etc.), as long as they fit the setup. Budget is pretty undefined but max 4000€ (turntable=1600€).

I´m currently using AKG K712 Pro headphones.

I´m not sure if the looks matter a lot (but lets say the headphone-amp is exceptionaly, but doesn´t fit the other stuff I´ll stil take it), what do you say, should they go with each other, does that matter? What do you think of these components and what should i choose?

Anyway, I´m pretty thankful for all your help

Max

TheMaxx1997 said:
Hi there,

I´d like to setup a new system for myself containing a turntable, a phono-pre-amp and a headphone-amp, because I´ll listen to the music with headphones in first place. But I´d also like to upgrade it some time later and add speakers and that kinda stuff (cd-player etc.).

I´ve already found a turntable which would fit my needs, the Pro-Ject Audio 6Perspex with Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge.

For the phono-pre-amp:

- Lehmann Black Cube SE II

- Pro-Ject Audio Phono Box RS

- any other fitiing the setup (approximately 800€ +-150€)

For headphone-amp:

- SPL Phonitor 2

- Pro-Ject Audio Head Box RS

- any other fitting the setup (approximately 800-1400€ +-250€)

I´ve got an open mind it terms of combinations and that stuff (lets say a phono-headphone-pre-amp or headphone-pre-amp, etc.), as long as they fit the setup. Budget is pretty undefined but max 4000€ (turntable=1600€).

I´m currently using AKG K712 Pro headphones.

I´m not sure if the looks matter a lot (but lets say the headphone-amp is exceptionaly, but doesn´t fit the other stuff I´ll stil take it), what do you say, should they go with each other, does that matter? What do you think of these components and what should i choose?

Anyway, I´m pretty thankful for all your help

Max

Why two boxes when you can do very well with one, and have a decent DAC thrown in for free?

Look no further than the Furutech ADL GT40a.

Yours for an approximate bargain of £395, leaving plenty for a cartridge upgrade should you need one, and I would suggest the Quintet Bronze.

I think it should do you for now. Later you could add integrated amp and speakers.

Or you could look at something like the new Heed Elixir amp. This is a 50wpc amplifier + Class A headphone amp + moving magnet phonograph stage in one. This option, however, would mean you'd have to rethink your cartridge but you would just have to add speakers a later date.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts