Which tiny desktop speaker?

LDTM

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

A simple question if I may: which of these two options do you think would sound better?

Monitor Audio WS-100 or Bowers & Wilkins MM-1?

I'm not fussed about the difference in price. Also understand that both have internal dacs but A: I'm a complete numbskull and B: I always assume that technology will fail me (most likely due to axiom A), consequently the 3.5mm mini-jack will probably be the method of connection.

Thanks in advance, guys.

LDTM said:
Hello everyone,

A simple question if I may: which of these two options do you think would sound better?

I'm not fussed about the difference in price. Also understand that both have internal dacs but A: I'm a complete numbskull and B: I always assume that technology will fail me (most likely due to axiom A), consequently the 3.5mm mini-jack will probably be the method of connection.

Thanks in advance, guys.

If that's the case you could keep it simple, save money, and buy the Frankenspiel FS-X stereo set.

http://andreweverard.com/2015/07/09/frankenspiel-fs-x-in-single-or-dual-mode-its-so-much-more-than-just-a-bluetooth-speaker-system/

Failing that, on sound quality especially, buy the B&W MM1's.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you are using a source that outputs analogue and you have control over volume, the Studiospares/Seiwin SN4a active speaker is outrageous value for arounf £120pr.

At 23 x 16 x 23cm deep, the SN4a is compact rather than tiny, but a huge performer for it's size and price.

image.php

jjbomber

LDTM said:

A simple question indeed but that's not how the forum works. You ask a) or b) and the replies will be c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,and z. You'll have to make your own mind up, preferably after having listened to the two candidates.

jjbomber said:
LDTM said:

A simple question indeed but that's not how the forum works. You ask a) or b) and the replies will be c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,and z. You'll have to make your own mind up, preferably after having listened to the two candidates.

I did mention option B as a choice :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts