Which subwoofer shall I buy?

domswhathifi

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello :)

I have a budget of £170 for a subwoofer to go with my b&w M1 speakers.

I have decided on 2 subs. Please could you help me decide, I can't make my mind up, and you people know what you're talking about :)

It will be used mostly for music but will be used for the occasional film.

The two subs are:

Wharfedale SW150

Q Acoustics 7000S

The Q Acoustics one goes to a lower frequency, 30hz as opposed to the 35hz of the SW150. Also, it has a 250 watt RMS amp as opposed to 150 on the SW150.

Obviously it isn't all sbout the specs, but which one would you say will be better?

Thank you all :)

(I've also posted this in the home cinema forum, as I guess it applies to both?)

Magic 99

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Using an SW150 with a Marantz 510 streamer and Dali Zensor 3s. The other SW150 is on an old Denon DM37. As a subwoofer, it has been really pleasing. I did audition the 12 inch Wharfedale sub (before the Zensor 3 - I was using Zensor 1 at the time) and honestly felt that it didn't do anything extra for me, so I got the second SW150 bundled with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s for I think... £229 or thereabouts. I still think it to be a great little performer and very flexible too..

Needless to say, since getting the Zensor 3 all subs have a hell of a lot less to do.

Magic 99

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I will let you know if I ever see a film worth watching, but I was told by other, local users that it was a great little number for films as well as music, but again, I have steered clear of the A/V route in most part. It really does add weight, but blends seemlessly into the overall sound better than some much more expensive units that I have heard and in use in both a small room and a largeish lounge has aquitted itself well. It is all so indefinable I know, but I would be surprised if you didn't enjoy it.

domswhathifi

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks.

Anyway, I'm going with your advice, I'm buying the warfedale sw150. Seems the better option considering it's got such good reviews and it's more of a classic subwoofer.

Hopefully it will come soon :dance:

domswhathifi

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Haha don't worry, it doesn't like my ipad either :wall:

Anyway, I received the subwoofer yesterday. Well all I can say is that I am veyy impressed!

Thank you for your recommendation :) :) :

The sub blends in seamlessly with the rest of my speakers.

It is very well controlled and when it needs to be loud, it is!!

Fantastic for the money,

Thank you for your help :) :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts