Which Subwoofer !!! Help !!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently own a Miller and Kreisel VX-7 MkII, which I run alongside my Proac Tablette Reference 8's. I feel that the speakers are better than the sub ( which I have had about 5 years ) and so would like to upgrade. I have been looking on the internet and it seems there are so many out there around the £1000 mark. I like the look of the Rel R505 and Velodyne SPL-1000R. I want something that is very musical, as cinema performance comes second to me, and I will most likely stick with a dedicated sub manufacturer as both of my previous subs have been from these and have been very impressive. Does anyone have any experience of these two subs or perhaps of an equivalent M&K ?? I have seen some reviews of the Velodyne for example, but mainly in a cinema set-up . Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I have heard the svs subs mentioned so i might have a bit more of a look into those. I assume you were joking about the Wharfdale - I know it received good reviews but it is a much cheaper system and I'm sure my current M&K would out-perform that...... many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Tino,

That is true. Your M&K would definitely out-perform that!

A

Anonymous

If you can find a deal, try the PMC TLE1. It's a bit over budget but is very good. I'm toying with the idea of the Proac Tab Ref 8 Sigs with a valve amp and this sub...might be perfect :)

A

Anonymous

I cannot recomment the Proacs enough - the reference version should be even better ! They are so natural and detailed without a hint of "box" sound to them. I recently visted the Bristol show and whilst I know most systems were not setup to their absolute best, I heard nothing that made me want to change the Proacs at anywhere near their price. Thanks for the PMC advice - hadn't thought of them to be honest, but having heard their speakers before - I was very impressed - I will take a look at the TLE1.

A

Anonymous

If you get the time, please let us know how your investigations go...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts