Which Sub for around £1800 ? MUST HAVE ROOM EQ

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Which Subwoofer would you advise for around £1800 ? I have a Pioneer SC-LX85 running Tannoy Revoulution Signature DC6T, DC6LCR and DC4 Rears. I currently run a Tannoy TS 12 but with my new amp purchase and thespeakers im running I feel the TS12 has been left behind a little. Im wanting something much cleaner sounding and something which will reach the true depths that the TS12 seemed to struggle to reach. I was dead certain on the Velodyne SPL 1200 Ultra until I went on their US site to see it was less than half the price in the USA. THe reason the sub is so costly in the UK is the extortinate import cost! It made me realise I would be buying a £900 sub for £1700 !! I was wondering if the Veloyne was worth the import cosings or is there something else - Due to the shape of my room the sub MUST HAVE ROOM EQ AND A MIC. Any help would be apriciated.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Ah sorry - one more thing I should have mentioned I will require something with a compact cacinet - the TS1200 Ultra is probably the maximum I can go in terms of size, so I think im going to have to stick to 12" drivers....

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm Looks nice but I dare say my Wife would have something to say about spending that kind of money on a speaker! Would you say 1.8K is a bit of a black spot is 12" Subwoofers ?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Seismic 110 would be my choice. The Room EQ is one of the finest out there - plenty of reading available should you wish. The next one up in the range is the Sub12 but it may be a bit too big. You could opt for two Paradigm Ultracube 12's as an alternative.

A

Anonymous

What about using any 12". Sub with something like an Antimode 8033 or similar separate EQ system, I think Velodyne do one too. The new Kef R series sub is excellent IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts