Which speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. I'm looking to get myself some decent pair of bookshelf speakers (budget), I have four contenders: Dali Zensor 1, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2, Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 and Alesis M1 mk2 which are passive studio monitors. Has anybody have some experience with any of them? I want to make the best possible choice based on consumer reviews. Many thanks.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Head down and listen, it's the only way to make the best possible choice. Consumer reviews are iffy - I, for example, like the Zensors, find the Wharfedale's a bit bland and don't like the BX2, but those are my ears. Others love the BX2s but aren't so keen on the others.

frog01 said:
Hi all. I'm looking to get myself some decent pair of bookshelf speakers (budget), I have four contenders: Dali Zensor 1, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2, Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 and Alesis M1 mk2 which are passive studio monitors. Has anybody have some experience with any of them? I want to make the best possible choice based on consumer reviews. Many thanks.

Mr. Lemon is correct.

Don't just go on reviews, go and listen with your own amplifier. Any of those speakers you mention will shine with the right amp, source and room acoustics. On the flipside these speakers can sound rubbish with poor synergy and crumby acoustics.

A

Anonymous

What is the size of your room?

I have listened Dali Zensor 1 with cheepest Yamaha stereo receiver that was in the store, and was dissapointed. Of course, the room was too big for the, even Zensor V strugeled to offer decent sound in such a room. But again, Yamaha and Zensor seemed to offer bright sound overall. As being said - it is up to you, go and listen.

A

Anonymous

What is the size of your room?

I have listened Dali Zensor 1 with cheepest Yamaha stereo receiver that was in the store, and was dissapointed. Of course, the room was too big for them, even Zensor V strugeled to offer decent sound in such a room. But again, Yamaha and Zensor seemed to offer bright sound overall. As being said - it is up to you, go and listen.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For my ears: Dali goes well with Marantz or Nad amps; BX2 with marantz/yamaha; Diamond 10.1 with CA azur combo...just trust your ears...

A

Anonymous

The size of the room is apx 4x4m, quite good space for this size of speakers. What about Alesis?, these are studio monitors, but I just want to use them as a decent hi-fi system, no dj'ing stuff, will they work for that purpose?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts