Which speakers??????????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I am new to all this and would appreciate some advise,i have just purchased an entry level CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 340R 5.1 RECEIVER, a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 640C V2 CD PLAYER and a SONY BDPS300BDP BLU-RAY PLAYER and am looking to replace my old kenwood surround speakers.

Firstly i would like to upgrade the front speakers for a decent pair of floorstanders with a budget up to £400 but preferably nearer the £300 mark.

And then next month upgrade the centre and rear surrounds and possibly purchase a sub(or will a decent pair of floorstanders provide enough bass?) My budget for these are around £300.

At the moment this set up is in a 15'x15' room but in the near future will be in a room over twice this size, any advise anybody can give would be great.

Cheers
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bluedream"]
Hi all

And then next month upgrade the centre and rear surrounds and possibly purchase a sub(or will a decent pair of floorstanders provide enough bass?) My budget for these are around £300.
[/quote]

You might want to run a search for recent threads on subs, like this one: http://whathifi.com/forums/t/6999.aspx
Judging from comments, I reckon your £300 budget will get you either your centre + rears, or your sub, but not both. Subs seem to be rather pricey...

A

Anonymous

Sorry the room will be roughly 30'x30' and forget the sub for now just need a reccomendation for front floorstanders up to £400 and centre and rears with £300-£400 budget

A

Anonymous

These are the speakers i have been looking at within my budget Monitor Audio BR5's, Mission M35i's,Kef IQ5 SE,Acoustic Energy AEGis Neo3's and i've found a pair of Mission M66i's for £299 which seems a bargain?

Could anyone please give me some idea of which i should go for.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

The KEF IQ5 SE speakers are highly renouned, but I think the Monitor Audios may be better suited to what you are after. You are probably best of posting this in the Home Cinema catagory.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts