Which Speakers

z3n

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

my new room make 10 m². I think buy speakers, but i don't know which ones.

Dynaudio emit m10 or m20 ? Elipson facet 6B or 8B ? Can you help me :)

Excuse my english, i'm french. Good evening.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
You might get better advice if you name the rest of your system, your musical tastes and where you want to place speakers relative to the room (can you use stands) etc.

You're still better off listening first ( though I'll admit this wasn't an option for me and I ended up happy with what I got).

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I think 10 square meters is going to be small so the emits are fine but we really need to know what you are running as al ears and muljao have said. This is a must

Muddywaterstones

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Bonjour, some good deals for the Focal Aria on Son Video at the moment. €399 for the 905 or €499 for the 906. That is for the pair too, not like on one or two other sites where the quoted price only gets you a single speaker, Cobra for example.

I've bought one or two small bits'n'pieces from them before without any problems. I have lived in France for the past 6/7 years.

I've a feeling, from memory, that Boulanger stock them too if you want an audition.

They should suit most types of music, are fairly neutral with a big open sound and aren't too hard to drive. Obviously they will respond favourably to better amplification but you don't have to go nuts.

z3n

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, Thank you for your answers.

My room made 4m x 2.5m. The speakers will be placed at 1 m 50 of my ears. I listen to all music except rap and techno. For the moment I use the amp Advance Acoustics X-i75. Maybe later cambridge, marantz...

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
so it's a good time to buy. Both Cobra and Magma are open to negotiation regarding price, plus are located close to each other. That's if you're located in Paris, mind. Boulanger often have speakers at decent prices.

insider9

z3n said:

My room made 4m x 2.5m. The speakers will be placed at 1 m 50 of my ears. I listen to all music except rap and techno. For the moment I use the amp Advance Acoustics X-i75. Maybe later cambridge, marantz...

How close to the wall will the speakers be placed? And will they be placed on speaker stands?

insider9 said:
z3n said:

How close to the wall will the speakers be placed? And will they be placed on speaker stands?

Wonderful, we have room size but nothing on rest of OP's kit ...... I sometimes wonder if people just shout names from a pre-configured list. We don't know budget either as far as I am aware. ;-)

But we can guess from his options given I think, however I don't think either of the Emits will work too well set up as he states and I have never heard the others.

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
z3n said:

My room made 4m x 2.5m. The speakers will be placed at 1 m 50 of my ears. I listen to all music except rap and techno. For the moment I use the amp 5. Maybe later cambridge, marantz...
The amp details are here: http://advance-acoustic.com/fr/elements-hifi/integre/118-x-i-75 75 watts into 8ohm, so should be fine for many speakers. Price is around the 600€ mark

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Al ears: be nice, he discribed the options. Out of those the emit 10 would be the best for his room. With a 75w amp, those would be well driven. (Now this is an other question why people doesn't want to check the sound in a shop before buying.)

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
To OP, another way that some experienced (not me) people may be able to help is if you state the speakers you use currently and where they fall short. Sometimes a characteristic that one has another doesn't etc and this might help make a good suggestion.

I have never heard of the amp you have (and probably not to many here will have) Looking at it on google the one review says it is quite good and has a warm sound and it looks the business

TRENDING THREADS