Which speakers for my tasty new amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, hence have a nice newbie question for you..which speakers should I buy?

I have the Fatman Ipod dock mkII http://www.fat-man.co.uk/docs/product_07/iTube_ValveDock_MkII.shtml

I kindof understand most of the specs but am not quite sure the best way to match that up to a suitable set of speakers. What's best to try to match up..if the amp is 25W output per channel, then what rating speakers are best? What will get me the best sound for an average budget? I am looking to spend around £200 but can be flexible.

Here's the output specs..
Main Features
  • iTube Vacuum Tube Amplifier
  • Separate Dock for Apple iPod or iPhone
  • Valve processing gives warm, rich, audio characteristics
  • Now with USB input
500px_line.gif

Specifications
  • Source Inputs: 1 x USB input, 1 x pair RCA input
  • Power Output: 25Wx2
  • Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz (±1.5Db)
  • Distortion: ≤0.5%
  • Signal-To-Noise Ratio: ≥86Db
  • Input Sensitivity: 350mV
  • Input Impedance: 100KΩ
  • Output Impedance: 4Ω, 8Ω
  • Tubes Used: 6N1 x 2, 6E2 x 1
  • Power Supply: AC100~120V/50~60Hz
  • Amp Dimensions (WxHxD): 260x145x130mm
  • Dock Dimensions (WxHxD): 155x130x123mm
  • Amp Weight: 4.3KGs
  • Amp Type: Hybrid

Nice one, Adam

A

Anonymous

Hi Adam,

What with your amp being so portable it would make sense to go auditioning for a day.

That end of the market is very competitive and lots of dealers have deals on at this time of year.

Matt

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
matthaskell said:
Hi Adam,

What with your amp being so portable it would make sense to go auditioning for a day.

That end of the market is very competitive and lots of dealers have deals on at this time of year.

Matt

+1

And I would opt for rather sensitive speakers with that kind op power output. At least 90dB.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, how do you guage how sensitive a speaker is?

A

Anonymous

The review section on this site show them as will the manufacturers website.

If you go to reviews>Hifi>speakers>select an appropriate speaker and then click specification you should see it

http://www.whathifi.com/review/mission-mx2/specs

The higher the sensitivity the easier it will be for the amp to drive and the Fatman produces 30 wpc, which is fine as long as paired sensibly.

Matt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts