Which speaker is better for Onkyo CR515 DAB?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am new here. I'm wondering how to choose a micro HiFi system. After done some web search.

I make a list as blow

ONKYO CR515DAB MICRO SYSTEM

QED SILVER ANNIVERSARY XT SPEAKER CABLE

TANNOY MERCURY F1 CUSTOM SPEAKERS

But the salesman told me that Mordaunt Short 902i will be better.

I don't know too much about HiFi, so can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Both are five-star speakers. We believe the Tannoy offers better value for money (hence its current Award-winning status at the sub-£200 price-point) and slightly more balanced sound than the Mordaunt Short Avant 902i speakers.

However, if you like your music to sound on the more lively side, the Mordaunt Shorts are a more party-animal option - they kick with rock-music.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I use Monitor Audio RS1s with mine and it sounds superb, but out of your list I would agree the Tannoys would be a good bet

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Crazyfrog"]
ONKYO CR515DAB MICRO SYSTEM

QED SILVER ANNIVERSARY XT SPEAKER CABLE

TANNOY MERCURY F1 CUSTOM SPEAKERS

But the salesman told me that Mordaunt Short 902i will be better.

[/quote]

Hi Folks,

I have a similar quandry to CrazyFrog. I've been searching the web after reading about the Onkyo CR-515 in WHF S&V and I've been offered the Onkyo CR515 with the Q ACOUSTICS 1010. Are the Q Acoustics up to scratch? Or should I go for the Tannoy F1 Customs?

Has anyone got any experience of either speaker and could offer some advice?

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

I have an Onkyo CR715DAB system which I am using with Q Acoustics 1020 speakers. I know you are looking at 1010's, however, I think the QA's are excellent value for money, extremely good build and amazing sound quality. However, I feel the bass is lacking and not sure if this is due to the system being used in a large room or a limitation of the CR715 or 1020 speakers or both. I am looking to replace my 1020's with some QA floorstanders 1030i or 1050i if I can be assured they will give me the bass sound I am after without compromising on the overall sound quality. What size room are you intending to use the 1010's in?

A

Anonymous

I was thinking of setting up the system in our living room. The room size isn't too big say roughly 12' x 12' (or 4m x 4m). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS