Which Sony DAV-IS10 or TEAC DR-H300DAB?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How do I over come the DVD-DAB-IPOD all in one unit? I wish with the world now being that almost everyone has an Ipod that companies would find an all in one system unit. I would like a DVD with HDMI output, DAB and a usb input for an Ipod. I am loving the Sony DAV-IS10 with its so small speakers but it has no DAB and does it have a usb for my Ipod? Then you have my first choice of the stunning TEAC DR-H300DAB which has them all but no speakers. So do I go for the TEAC and use the Kef KHT1005’s added or the IS10 with no DAB but small speakers? I am placing it in my bedroom so don’t want speakers that take up to much room. So can you all help with another system or smaller speakers to use with the TEAC please.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sony uses the company's Digital Media Port system, with an optional adaptor, the TDM-IP1, available for the iPod.

TEAC is stereo only, so won't give the surround the Sony does - I'd use it with more coventional stereo speakers rather than a pair of the little KEFs, which will also need a subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply but the Kef 105's are 5.1 speakers and i felt the Teac was a full A/V system?

So is the Teac DR-H300DAB DTS, DD etc?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it will decode Dolby Digital into stereo and output DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1 via its digital output, but to hear either of the surround formats you'd need to use it with an external processor and amplification, plus of course five speakers and a subwoofer.

As standard, the DR-H300DAB will only output stereo to two speakers, with the option of adding an active subwoofer if required.

A

Anonymous

Oh thanks for that. thats killed off the Teac then unless i use a 2.1 speaker set up as it is for my bedroom and i listen to music more. so my aim firstly is to gain great sound for ipod/music then as a second factor the odd DVD/TV.

I use my ipod into a Cyrus Linkcentre thats 2.1 so i could keep this and add it to the Teac but the speakers are on the large side for my new planned bedroom!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts