Which remote for YouView volume?!

hifiman007

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Amongst the many annoying things about YouView is not being able to easily control the volume. I'm having to set the tv remote to set the TV volume and also the YouView remote to set that volume to get it right. How can I simplify this? Why with YouView do you have to work the two seperate volume controls? Why doesn't the YouView just control the TV as normal operation? :wall:

Secondly - through my own choice I know but, when I then add in that I'm running sound through my Klipsch ipod dock from YouView via rca phone to 3.5mm and it adds another layer of sound to consider. Ideally I just wanted tv sound and Klipsch sound to complement each other, but the synching is all wrong and it sounds terrible.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
On the first point, this is just because the YouView box is not integral to your TV - both are able to set their own volumes, so if you want to change the volume, you can either do it on the YouView box or the TV. Clearly to change it on the YouView box, you use the YouView remote and to change the TV speakers volume, use the TV remote. I'm not sure why you need to use both though? Probably best bet is just to set the YouView box to max volume and then only use the TV's remote for volume, but if you don't want to do that for some reason, just set the TV volume to a sensible one and use the YouView remote.

On the second point, does the Klipsch dock have a remote control that you can change the volume on? If so, this is really the same as the above i.e. use one or the other. If it doesn't, probably best bet is to just set the Klipsch volume to a senisble one and use the YouView remote to control the volume. Of course, when you're using the Klipsch, make sure you mute your TV volume otherwise the two will conflict.

If you want to make life simpler by only having one remote for controlling everything, consider getting one of the Logitech Harmony remotes (or a similar all-in-one remote brand) which can be configured to replace all your other remote controls so you only need one for all sources.

trj007

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
On most products that are connected via HDMI and/or digital cable you can't alter the sound level: you need to use the TV remote or the hi-fi remote.

Digitalsmart

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Try this :
Find the code for the make and model of your TV from the list of codes of television Select the TV[/b] button on your YouView remote control. The button will blink onceHold down the TV[/b] button for three seconds until the button light stays onEnter the three digit code that matches the make and model of your television. Every time a number is entered, the button will blink. When the third digit is entered, the button will blink twiceIf the correct three digit code is entered, your TV will switch offPress the OK[/b] button on your YouView remote control and the TV button will blink three times. The set-up is complete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts