Which rear speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a Denon AVR-1909, Sony BDP-S350, Tannoy Mercury Custom F4 fronts and Mercury Custom Centre Speakers. The rear speakers I have at the moment are quite old Polk RT/FX dipole/bipole speakers and they don't really intergrate with the fronts particularly well. My sofa is against the rear wall and also up against one of the side walls so the Polks are operating in Bipole mode on the rear wall about 2 feet in from the side walls and 6 feet high.

Can anyone suggest a better rear speaker that may intergrate better with the Tannoys. I'd prefer to keep with bipole/dipole's as they need to be wall mounted and I like a more difuse sound rather than direct.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure how they'll match up to your Polks in quality though the MA BRFX should be a reasonable match to your Tannoys as FX speakers go. If you are after a true timbre/tonal match is there no way you can incorporate a standmount?

A

Anonymous

Those were the ones I was thinking about and was just wondering if anyone else had Tannoy fronts with bipole rears. There is no way I can get stand mounters in my room so they have to be mounted on the wall.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Anyone else got any ideas?

Would be much appreciated.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS