Which player for a V10?

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Good day to everyone. I would like some guidance regarding my first blu-ray player. I have a Panasonic 50 inch V10. Would something like the Sony S370 do the screen full justice, or should I look to spend more. I am connecting to a Denon 1910 AVR and Quad Lites. Budget is £300. Maybe I should wait for the Sony 760 replacement or would that be overkill for my screen? Thanks everyone. :)

A

Anonymous

If you are willing to spend more than the S370 tag, then yoiu might wait for the bigger brothers, they should vary from 3d Ready to 3d from box, so if that is an issue for you may be taken into account to. But am inclined to think the sony will do justice to the screen.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
xon501 - Thanks for your reply. I'm willing to spend more, but only if the benefits are tangible. As my tele isn't 3D ready and I shall use it for the next 3 or 4 years i'm not too bothered about 3D. I'm sure by then if I was into 3D I would look at one of the newer players at that time as the tech may have improved. I know the 370 would be good on a smaller screen but would it be good on a big one?!

A

Anonymous

i would go for the sony 370 , its cheap , and id say it would be fine on a 50in screen ..why wouldnt it be ?

if you want to spend more money , before you do , id be making sure it was worth it , scour the web for reviews , try different sources of information , many people dont find there to be any real difference between blu-ray players , at least with picture quality ..

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Hello Max - you're probably right. Also got to think about DVD upscaling - seem to think I have read on the forums that the upscaling of the 370 isn't fantastic. That would be highlighted on a larger screen. Got a few DVD's but no Blu-Rays so need to take that into account. The Pana scaler is quite soft, so much so that I let my Humax upscale to 1080i before sending to the tele. I don't find the upscaler in the 1910 AVR much good either - I must be too fussy! To be honest, I think given that I don't watch a huge amount of films, I may be better getting the 370. I do like the best pic and sound I can afford though - too greedy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts