admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just been to Costco looking for a tv. What do you all think about either a Samsung LE46d86BDXXEU (46") for £819 or a Sony KDL-462510OU (46") for £939 ? Both (actually all) tvs from Costco have 3 year guarantee.

We will be using the tv for the odd film, sky and probably a lot of Corrie and emerdale !!!!!

Your input genuinly appreciated

Thanks

Andy

A

Anonymous

I have considered a plasma, and to be honest, it is what we were first thinking of due to the size. But everybody seems to be pointing us towards a LCD. Still undecided really. Probably like most of us 'newbies' to the 'big telly' era.

As for Costco... they are all in a row (it is a cash and carry ), so testing is poor. You can try them out ok, it is just that it is in a huge and noisy warehouse!!! That is the main reason I was asking the people in the know.

I didnt think there would be such a large choice out there for under £1000.

We would appreiciate a couple of suggestions for which one to go for in either 42" or 46" size. Then I think I will have you people vote out of the final 2 !!!!

Thanks all

Andy

A

Anonymous

Thought about Plasma at all? I think the Panasonic TH-42PX70 is a great set. Can't remember but think it got a WHFSV 5-Star score in July issue this year. £999 at John Lewis with a 5-year guarantee. Probably cheaper at Costco.

A

Anonymous

Not much chance of a demonstration but they display their tellies and set them up better than currys or comet.

Couldn't believe how much better the picture looked in Costco.

A

Anonymous

Do yourself a favour and forget about these 5 year warranties:

Get onto EmpireDirect before 7th September and stick in:

Use voucher code EM3694 (Username 10percentoff) for this price.to get the Panasonic TH42PX70 TV at an unprecented £704. This price includes the £30 for delivery. For this price it's a give away also considering the strengths and quality of the TV itself, and that several of the 'WHAT' mags only recently were raving about the TV when it was selling for around £1,000.00

This is for the the TV only.

Knowing that this offer is open until 7th September, give them a call and say you are aware of it, but what is their best price to include either a stand or wall mount. They're bound to do something for you.

A

Anonymous

I've seen the Sony KDL40S2510 & 2530 models for £630.00(ish) on line via a quick kelkoo search.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts