Which micro system to choose?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone, Thanks for reading my post. I would like receive opinion for gurus out there on choosing the following micro system:

a) JVC EX-A3

b) Denon CX3

c) Onkyo L-UN 7

d) Onkyo CS715 / CS515

I've heard how the JVC sounded, but still unsure whether to get which one as the other 3 looks attractive too.

I am looking for a warm, natural, adequate bass unit which I'll be using mainly for audio CD playing and FM receiver.

Please advice.

Thanks.
emotion-2.gif

Regards,

AlvinC

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alvin,

The Onkyo CS515 is our current Award-winning sub-£500 hi-fi system - streaks ahead of anything out there for CD and DAB/FM radio performance. If you buy the system-unit only then add better speakers (Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs at £100, to give a starter-price example) it's capable of even greater things.

A

Anonymous

Clare,

Do you think the Onkyo would drive a pair of 10 year old B&W 601s nicely ?

Ta,

David.

A

Anonymous

Dear Clare,

Thanks for your response
emotion-1.gif
. I've yet to test out the sound of Onkyo CS515. It definitely have a few more plus points than the other systems around for WHATHIFI to choose it as an award winner
emotion-21.gif

My question is, if I choose to use the original speakers, do I still get the kind of sound quality that worth the price of the system?

Thanks again.

Regards,

AlvinC

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare;
Regarding the Onkyo again, I find it has 2 model numbers which confuses me:
CR 515 and CS 515, are they the same???
Thanks

Yasser

A

Anonymous

I'm also considering between the CS-515 by Onkyo and the new Denon D-M37, I prefer the looks and the remote control layout of the Denon but have not heard the sound. I'm also thinking about getting the Tannoy's F1 Custom to go with the Denon. Would anyone who have listened to the Denon let me know what they think of it?Thanks!Punÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts