Which micro subwoofer

Hondoe1950

Sep 6, 2024
Visit site
I’m trying to choose a subwoofer for my sound system:

Cambridge Audio Edge A amp
WiiM Pro Plus streamer
Revel M126Be speakers

I don’t have much space and so I want a very small subwoofer.

I’m considering either SVS or Rel

Please let me know what you think

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I recommend to consider also Velodyne. Something like Deep Blue 8 or 10, the best one sub for each channel. I use two Velodynes (one per channel) with my hifi setup for some 23 years, very happy still, high quality and reliable products.

AJM1981

I’m trying to choose a subwoofer for my sound system:

Cambridge Audio Edge A amp
WiiM Pro Plus streamer
Revel M126Be speakers

I don’t have much space and so I want a very small subwoofer.

I’m considering either SVS or Rel

Please let me know what you think
Add the B&W asw608, it's a really decent mini sub with a relatively low crossover point and sufficient configuration options.

g749ASW608B-B.jpg

• 200-watt ICEpower® amplifier
  • 8" hybrid paper/aramid fiber woofer
  • frequency response: 32-140 Hz (±3dB)
  • continuously variable 40-140 Hz crossover
  • acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
  • speaker-level and line-level stereo RCA inputs
    • independent volume control knobs for each input source
    • low-pass filter switch for use with line-level inputs
  • bass EQ switch helps you fine-tune the sound to match your room
  • phase switch helps match the subwoofer to your main speakers
  • auto on/off
  • 10-1/4"W x 11-5/16"H x 13"D (with spikes)
  • 19.5 lbs.
  • warranty: 2 years
Can't go wrong with it.

twinkletoes

There is always a benefit to running a subwoofer even in a small space, so I don't really understand the hate towards them, most small speakers can't even reproduce a bass guitar faithfully let alone a piano. Even at low volume and especially near field it is a transformative experience. Many think a subwoofer just adds more boom! and that couldn't be further from the truth. It will effect the entire frequency response if done correctly opening the presentation up. And actually allows you to hear more of what the artist probably heard In the studio. Any how enough of the jibber jabber.

Rel are nice as is SVS the Velodyn microvee is tiny and very good but you pay the price for miniaturisation!
if you want bang for buck and dont want super low end id look at Bk subwoofers and there P10-150-GEM it should have enough power and depth to fill in the lower octaves that revels miss. You should get a solid 25-30hz in room

Though I will say this the revels are no slouches when it comes to bass so careful tuning will be needed to not overload your room and listening experience they are exciting speakers.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts