which is better arcam 72T or marantz cd6002

T

the record spot

Hi goody, welcome to the forum. Probably best to try for yourself if you can hear both at the same time. Both were well liked players in their time.

A

Anonymous

Both are good CDP's but the Arcam pips it or me

A very good spinner indeed with a great even soundstage whereas I found the Marantz to be a little smooth at times

Not heard the 72, but reliably informed by a dealer that the sound differs little from the 73T. If that is the case it should be a cracker.

The Marantz CDP I've not heard but really like the brand as a whole, which begs the question: What amp and speakers do you have?

goody2

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
i am using an av amp i know it has been said by purists that seperate stereo amp is always better, but the denon av amp is a very musical one avr 2808 and speakers are monitor audio BR2s.

T

the record spot

goody2 said:
i am using an av amp i know it has been said by purists that seperate stereo amp is always better, but the denon av amp is a very musical one avr 2808 and speakers are monitor audio BR2s.

Purists shmurists. Hifi's full of people that'll tell you there's only one true path (in this case, a pure stereo integrated). Try out a few, see what you think. Compare, contrast and if you like one, go for it, if you prefer your Denon, stick with it. Bear in mind though, that stereo integrateds are increasingly one trick ponies. Your Denon gives you a cost-effective way to bi-amp your speakers for one thing, will handle high-def audio in its native format, and just does stuff that integrateds don't. Performance has improved in leaps and bounds in recent years for these things, so forget the opinions of the naysayers and make your own mind up. Whatever you end up with, enjoy! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts