Which Interconnects?

stiffy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Could anyone give me some advice on which interconnects might be suitable for my set up please?

I'm running an Arcam Alpha 5 amp and a Marantz CD52MKII (but replacing with Sony CDP561E) into Kef Coda 9 speakers. The speaker cables I'm currently using are terminated QED Qudos Profile 8's which came with the speakers

My budget will be £30 - £40 which I know isn't much but I've looked at Chord Crimson plus, Cambridge Audio Pacific and various QED variants. As usual the choice is mind boggling and to a newbie confusing. Is it worth upgrading the speaker cable at the same time. As i mentioned the cables came with the speakers (used) but maybe QED classic or one of the Silver Anniversary ones might be better??

Thanks

John

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi:

Last week, I received my Merlin Mozart IC, bought it purely based on the review by whathifi, and am really happy with the sound now. I was using QED Quenx 2 before using the Mozart, and the Mozart kicked the Quenex out of the window.

The Mozart was tonally balanced, the vocals were just dead centre, instruments occupied their respective places on either side of the vocals, nice bass, amazing detail retreival, nice treble...> good job Merlin.

My guess is they'll be far better than the QEDs, and they're cheap too.

Ok, regarding speaker cables, I've just moved away from QED SA XT to Van Damme Blue >> Please check the 'Accessories' thread for details.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't get too worked up about this cable or that. Anything in the price bracket quoted will be better than that that comes in the box.

Why not see what you can find second-hand off a certain auction site?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I, too, can highly recommend the Merlin Mozart interconnectors....

It replaced my old £50 Cable Talk Monitor 3 interconnectors from the 1990's, and was far superior, in my opinion......

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:
Stiffy,

I use Van Den Hul D102 MKIII interconnects and find them to be a very pleasing sounding neutral cable. Lots of detail, smooth and non-fatiguing.

Ronald

Agree

A

Anonymous

I am using pure silver interconnects that are fantastic. Nothing comes close without spending serious money. I can confirm the e-bay seller is selling the real deal. Worth a look. Blew the Chord Cobra 3 Plus and Atlas Navigators out the park.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Solid-Silver-Litz-Phono-Interconnect-0-5m-Pair-/280545917518?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4151d6fa4e#ht_2212wt_808

Sorry no clicky link, Safari doesn't like this forum. :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts