Which forum members Hi Fi would you choose.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi CnE

That's very nice of of you :star: I can then place the Black Ravioli under the decent speaker cable and hope this improves performance of the decent speaker cable :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Myrtle wood under the cable and BR under the source...we'll get your stuff sounding right yet. :p

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
moon said:
4 kids! your lucky your kits even intact!

The kit's intact, but I'm not!

Cor , I'm surprised you had time to listen to any music .

I'll have Rick's HiFi . With or without Black Rubberoli and decent speaker cables . ( That is the one with the SCM100s , isn't it ?Or whatever they are . )

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
amcluesent said:
>These bits of amcluesent systems :-<

Hang on, that just leaves me with a Squeezebox Boom! :doh:

I did leave you the CD player, tuner and a Squeezebox Touch + Controller. I'll chuck in an amp as well ... fair trade I think. ;) >)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
WinterRacer said:
steve_1979 said:
As I'd like a surround sound system it'd have to be either AlmaataKZ's or Winteracer's system.

AlmaataKZ has an all ATC 5.1 setup with SCM50A front speakers and a C4 sub.

Winteracer's AVI systems aren't actually setup for surround sound but they easily could be. I'd use his ADM40's as fronts, ADM9's as rears and the AVI sub to make a great 4.1 system.

Thanks Steve, though a little bit out of date. The HT setup is now ADM9.1s front, ADM sub. I did experiment a bit, and a Neutron 5 made a really good centre speaker, but have ended up with a 4.1 system instead - and very good it is too. :)

Have you tried using the 40's at the front and the 9's at the back?

We'll have to get it setup properly before you hand it over you know. ;)

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
WinterRacer said:
steve_1979 said:
As I'd like a surround sound system it'd have to be either AlmaataKZ's or Winteracer's system.

AlmaataKZ has an all ATC 5.1 setup with SCM50A front speakers and a C4 sub.

Winteracer's AVI systems aren't actually setup for surround sound but they easily could be. I'd use his ADM40's as fronts, ADM9's as rears and the AVI sub to make a great 4.1 system.

Thanks Steve, though a little bit out of date. The HT setup is now ADM9.1s front, ADM sub. I did experiment a bit, and a Neutron 5 made a really good centre speaker, but have ended up with a 4.1 system instead - and very good it is too. :)

Have you tried using the 40's at the front and the 9's at the back?

We'll have to get it setup properly before you hand it over you know. ;)

No I haven't, but if I ever do you're welcome to come over for a listen...

I wonder if I'd be better off using an ADM9 as a centre and Neutrons as the rears? The rears don't really do much, do they?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
WinterRacer said:
No I haven't, but if I ever do you're welcome to come over for a listen...

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind of you. :)

WinterRacer said:
I wonder if I'd be better off using an ADM9 as a centre and Neutrons as the rears? The rears don't really do much, do they?

Using the Neutrons as the rears makes sense with the ADM40's at the front and an ADM9 for the centre.

CnoEvil said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi CnE

That's very nice of of you :star: I can then place the Black Ravioli under the decent speaker cable and hope this improves performance of the decent speaker cable :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Myrtle wood under the cable and BR under the source...we'll get your stuff sounding right yet. :p

Hi CnE

So with the decent speaker cable i'll then need Myrtle wood and Black Ravioli to get the system sounding right :grin: Anything else?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi CnE

So with the decent speaker cable i'll then need Myrtle wood and Black Ravioli to get the system sounding right :grin: Anything else?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Baby steps, Rick.....Baby steps! :)

plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi CnE

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Or a house brick on top of the CDP. Oh that's right, they're called ATC SCM11. :bounce:

Hi plastic penguin

Decent speaker cables do deserve decent speakers :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi CnE

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Or a house brick on top of the CDP. Oh that's right, they're called ATC SCM11. :bounce:

Hi plastic penguin

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

And state of the art speaker cables deserve state of the art speakers ;)

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
the record spot said:
And don't forget the green pen chaps!

Huh! Now you've spoiled the surprise! :roll:

Have you tried it on the edges of an iPhone? It supposedly improves the sound of AAC files, but not so much for MP3s.

-N-

MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi CnE

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi plastic penguin

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Indeed: If your speakers aren't up to it, you could always try RS6. :cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Neon K said:
CnoEvil said:
the record spot said:
And don't forget the green pen chaps!

Huh! Now you've spoiled the surprise! :roll:

Have you tried it on the edges of an iPhone? It supposedly improves the sound of AAC files, but not so much for MP3s.

-N-

I've gone one better than that....I've sprayed myself green....with Cuprinol for better all weather protection.....and now everything sounds better, even the Samoyed. :roll:

It also has had the additional benefit of making me greener, offsetting the carbon footprint of my Class A amp. :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts