Which floorstanders for under £500

Qwerty5oo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi I`m looking to upgrade my floorstanders from Accoustic Solutions AE109se. I`m using Rega Planar 3 with Nagaoka cartridge + Quad 34+306 amp, in my dinning room (well was ;-) about 12x18ft.I`m going to be locally looking at Q acoustic 3050 and Tannoy Revolution DC6T or should I look for something else.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Qwerty5oo said:
Hi I`m looking to upgrade my floorstanders from Accoustic Solutions AE109se. I`m using Rega Planar 3 with Nagaoka cartridge + Quad 34+306 amp, in my dinning room (well was ;-) about 12x18ft.I`m going to be locally looking at Q acoustic 3050 and Tannoy Revolution DC6T or should I look for something else.

Another possibility for near your budget ...

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/#!103/c24td

Qwerty5oo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea of front ported Acoustic Energy ae103`s do they come weighted or do i have to fill them myself? Just cause my last pair were secondhand and already weighted with filler.

Qwerty5oo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I`ve just listened to Tannoys DC6T SE`s £400 with under 30 hours, and I`m going to test some Q Acoustic 3050`s tonight. Any thoughts?

Qwerty5oo said:
I`ve just listened to Tannoys DC6T SE`s £400 with under 30 hours, and I`m going to test some Q Acoustic 3050`s tonight. Any thoughts?

Decent speakers both but only you can decide if they're going to sound good in your listening room. After those audition more, others have been mentioned, take your time before parting with cash as once you have bought them they are going to fall in value.

Qwerty5oo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Q Acoustic 3050 home for a trail. But their not standing out enough against my Acoustic Energy ae109`s. Slightly brighter! but nothing that makes me want to snap them up, I`ll spend some more time with them tomorrow.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
its hard to better the AE109 imo unless you spend up to a grand, i still have a pair, i have owned them for 17 years, and cannot get rid , ok i got the kefs as an upgrade, but the AE can give them a run , and in some ways sound better, they just lack a touch of refinement

i sometimes connect them up and have a breeze, very fun speakers, have you tried the older QA 2050, which are not as bright as the newer 3050 , they are more solidly built too, just like the AE's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts