Which DAC ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
So, the seller either shipped the DAC to ASR after putting it up for auction, or, put it up for auction after he had shipped it to ASR..... either way that's bizarre; to auction something that he knew wouldn't be in his possession as he was shipping it to the US, or, shipped to the US after he had already put the DAC up for auction. Either way its kind of weird

I don't like to think bad of people, but this chap sounds absolutely bonkers
I wonder if he's sent his Chord TT2 Dac over to the states to be reviewed?

Just been trying to get my head around why he would ship the Elements Dac off to the US.
If I had purchased a upgrade amp and said on here I'd shipped it off to anywhere for a review, I would be given a wide berth

(Still scratching my head over this. None of it makes sense)
correct, it's bonkers.
all the more reason to avoid like the plague....

aversaurus

Well I've sold my DAC now and as I've been put off the audiolab and the only affordable Leema is crossing the Atlantic again and the seller is temporarily in another country.
So I'm in the market for a used quality DAC .
Any suggestions of what to look at ?.

D

Deleted member 195594

Well I've sold my DAC now and as I've been put off the audiolab and the only affordable Leema is crossing the Atlantic again and the seller is temporarily in another country.
I'm biased as I own one, but for a solid, hand built to order, neutral DAC, you could do a lot worse than the NJC Reference Mkii

Hand built/case machined here in the UK. It cost under £500 abour 8 months ago. The company are called NJC Audio - Excellent customer service, updates on your order, about 2 weeks from order to your door.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 195594

I had the Audiolab as you know, I then had the Denafrips Ares II which I wasn't overly impressed with, but that's very subjective/personal taste.

The NJC is neutral and just gets out of the way, so to speak, but very natural sounding which I found is what I was looking for at the time. It doesn't add anything of its own that you may not have wanted. These are my findings at any rate, as always, very subjective, but I think there are other owners here who could confirm or add their own impressions.

Reactions: aversaurus

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site

topping, rme, chord, bluesound, hifi zen, dragon fly, take your pick all in mostly in price bracket new or secound hand, just depend on what you want from it. But these are all much of a muchness

D

Deleted member 195594

The njc does look interesting probably more bang for buck than the larger companies.ive always enjoyed the UK hand made hifi equipment I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Considering there's no marketing or retail expenses, you can hazard a guess how much the NJC would cost if there were

aversaurus

The plot thickens.
The Leema DAC has had its review and is on its way back to the UK here's the link for the review.

Comments on a post card

D

Deleted member 195594

The plot thickens.
The Leema DAC has had its review and is on its way back to the UK here's the link for the review.

Comments on a post card
Not so much a review as a brief glance. I'm none the wiser.

record_spot

Can't say as I was ever bowled over by the Leema DAC, and some of the comments on Amir's review and feedback don't really surprise me.

Also understand why the Leema went across the Pond. I like ASR and what Amir does. Valuable resource.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts