Which DAB stereo for the kitchen/dining room?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, I'm trying to decide which DAB stereo to get for my kitchen/dining room. Essentially I want to listen to the radio (and I like the DAB specific channels, so no FM!) and plug my iPOD in too. Playing CD's would be a bonus. I've shortlisted; Onkyo CS-515 Pure DMX-60 Pure Evoke-3 The electronic programme guides and ability to record to SD card on both the Pure models is appealing, but am I sacrificing better sound quality in the Onkyo? I've tried listening to them all in my local electrical superstore, but it's really hard to listen properly with all the background noise. These are not exactly 'super hi-fi' stereos, so I'm never going to be able to test drive them in a 'proper' environment!!! Advice from anyone who has bought/heard these would be most gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd go for the Onkyo. We've just given it an Award (again) and you can add Onkyo's own DS-A2 iPod dock (approx £60) which enables you to control the iPod via the remote. Yes, the Pures have the convenience of recording to SD, but the Onkyo sounds better. I have the Onkyo at home in my kitchen, and it sounds great.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Get a Linn Classik or Arcam Solo! None of this mini/midi/micro rubbish - it'll be the same (ish) price second hand, and will be worth something when you come to sell it rather than zip for the aforementioned mid-fi.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for all your opinions! Andrew, the new Denon 'looks' good, but it's a bit over my price range for the kitchen! Andy - I'm going to take your advice and go for the Onkyo. Thanks for the iPOD dock tip - that will make it perfect!

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know I am now the proud owner of the Onkyo CS-515DAB with D-N9BX speakers, and I am very impressed. The depth and clarity of sound has far exceeded what i thought I could get for my budget. Really blows the Pure competition away!

Thanks for all your advice - I REALLY recommend this. I managed to get it for £259 with speakers and 2 year guarantee at John Lewis, and the quality is far better than that price tag! Brilliant!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts