Simple Multi Room integrate AV output and Kitchen Radio

Tromso

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am redoing my kitchen to include a DAB radio which is wall mounted in a UK double socket (E200 FM / DAB Radio), This is the "header" unit, the radio itself sits in the roof space (bungalow) and is designed to power in ceiling speakers. It has an RCA line in option.

Next door in the lounge I have my AV (Pioneer VSX-LX53) kit, the speaker wires are all channeled inside the wall. The multi room output speaker out cable is taken to a speaker switch (again flush wall mounted) that allows me to select Kitchen/Patio or both. This allows me to play CD's throughout and keep up with the plot of any TV programme when in the kitchen. The Kitchen speakers are currently in the kitchen ceiling (which will be reboarded and plastered).

Constraints: I don't really want 4 speakers in the new ceiling and would ideally like the DAB radio and AV amp to share a set of speakers. I am aware of the 12 Volt car fitting Amplifier o/p to RCA units but I need to cope with 110W max out of the AV amp, The manufacturer is reluctant to say it will work and that it will introduce noise.

I can't get the RCA line out cabling from the amp to the radio as the wall channelling is full.

Can anyone help?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts