admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am would like to get a good matching centre speaker for following HT setup:

B&W 683 (front)

M1 (surround)

ASW610 (sub)

Yamaha RX-V1067

I am considering B&W HTM62, HTM61 and CM Centre. The most appropriate one among the three (based on recommendation from B&W website) is the HTM61 which employs the same technology as the 683 but has bad reviews so I am not keen in getting it. This leaves me with HTM62 and CM Centre to consider. I am inclined to get the CM Centre. Is this a good match with the 683? (The CM Centre is a step up from the 600 series speakers). Thanks.

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4:More importantly did you or are you going to demo for yourself?

I know ideally I should demo these speakers but this is not possible where I live so I have to rely on forum reviews...

A

Anonymous

If I where you I would go for the HTM62, it is most important in a HT system that the front 3 be timbre matched, trust me I have tried.

Unless you where thinking of up dating your 683's at some point to the CM range I would stick to the same range it will sound better IMO, and it's not like the 61 is a slouch.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Where have you seen bad reviews for the HTM61? WHF's review of the 683 package says:

The asymmetrical centre speaker offers well-rounded, distinct dialogue with plenty of detail and character, and the rear speakers are deft and delicate. In the dread calm before the inevitable storm, the B&W develops tension as effectively as any system.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
Where have you seen bad reviews for the HTM61? WHF's review of the 683 package says:

The asymmetrical centre speaker offers well-rounded, distinct dialogue with plenty of detail and character, and the rear speakers are deft and delicate. In the dread calm before the inevitable storm, the B&W develops tension as effectively as any system.

Take a look at this... http://www.ultimateavmag.com/content/bw-683-surround-speaker-system

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
if you google it you will find it. Not allowed to post it against the rules

I have had a chance to test them and I will tell you this if you sit in front of the speakers you are ok. but if you sit off axis eg. on the side of the couch long wall you may pick up on it. it is a good center. just it has it's limits.

TRENDING THREADS